Soul Deep: An I-Team After Hours Novella by…

Soul Deep: An I-Team After Hours Novella

by Pamela Clare

Series: I-Team (6.5)

What makes this story even more extraordinary than the actual story itself is how it was written. This author turned out this story in a short amount of time, and it lacks in no detail from that, wrote it after experiencing something as horrific as breast cancer and yet was able to write about a second chance at love for a man who is 63 and woman in her 40’s who after getting shot in the pelvic region never thought she’d be able to have sex again.

Along with a beautiful love story we got such detail descriptions of Colorado in the winter, a lot of knowledge on the breeding of both horse and cattle and even a bit of suspense. As with all of Pamela’s books I loved the story and look forward to her next.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
This book is the perfect thing to tide you over until the next full I-Team release, [b:Seduction Game: I-Team 7|25833605|Seduction Game I-Team 7|Pamela Clare|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1435787465s/25833605.jpg|45694287], in October 2015. I recommend that you read the entire series in order because the characters reappear in all of the books... at a minimum, you should read [b:Skin Deep|13552225|Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)|Pamela Clare|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1332122232s/13552225.jpg|19120319] and [b:Striking Distance|15704285|Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)|Pamela Clare|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377922534s/15704285.jpg|21366184] just so you have background info on the most prevalent characters.

I love when an author is not afraid to go outside the current trend with her main characters. The current trend in romance at the time this novel is coming out is for young and immature "new adult" heroines, most of which are supremely annoying to the over 30 group (such as myself). So I was happy to be reading about a more mature couple for a change, especially since the ages of this couple so closely resembles some dear friends of mine (shout out to my favorite couple in Oz!)

We first met Janet Killen in [b:Striking Distance|15704285|Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)|Pamela Clare|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377922534s/15704285.jpg|21366184], where she took an armor-piercing bullet during a protection detail of Laura Nilsson. Once Janet was injured in [b:Striking Distance|15704285|Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)|Pamela Clare|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377922534s/15704285.jpg|21366184], we did not hear a whole lot about the extent of her injuries. So I was shocked when I learned the extent of damage she sustained from a single bullet - but I was thinking of the terms of a regular bullet, not a military-grade armor-piercing round. My heart went out to Janet for her injuries and learning to live with new limitations in life. Fate certainly smiled upon her when it sent her careening off into a ditch during a snow storm!

We first met Jack (I think) as Nate's dad in [b:Skin Deep|13552225|Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)|Pamela Clare|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1332122232s/13552225.jpg|19120319]. I absolutely loved this good ol' boy rancher. Jack is a widow, and it was painfully obvious that he loved and was dedicated to his late wife. I was so happy that he was able to find love again with Janet.

This is a novella, so you have to expect some instalove between the main characters due to the length of the story. But the rapidly developing relationship was well written and fit within the confines of a shorter story. We even got a small suspense plot to add in some mystery and suspense. I also loved that we still got steamy between the sheets... hopefully proving to all those new adults out there that we don't hang up our knickers at 40 after all!

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 4 stars / 3 flames. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | May 28, 2016 |

Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |

A widower for seven long years, rancher Jack West believes that love and romance are a thing of the past, nothing more than cherished memories. He devotes himself to his grown son and his family, the horses they raise, and the land that has been theirs for three generations. He doesn't know that life has a surprise in store for him in the form of Janet Killeen, the lovely FBI agent he threw off his land last winter. The bullet that left Janet Killeen seriously wounded also tore a hole through her life. All she wants is a little peace and quiet in the mountains, a chance to feel like herself again. That chance comes to an abrupt end when she goes off the road in a snowstorm and winds up stranded alone in a ditch. The last person on earth she wants to see is that arrogant jerk Jack West, no matter how handsome he is. But from the moment Jack finds her and offers her his hand, she realizes that there's far more to this gruff cowboy than she had imagined. Contains mature themes.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,403,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible