Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

Love & Gelato

by Jenna Evans Welch

Come on-- is a book that combines love and gelato in the title going to be bad?

A delightful read. ( )
  bookczuk | May 17, 2018 |
Love & Gelato is a really fun contemporary. It's perfect for summer. Their's this air of whimsy and nostalgia that creates this warm story that you just devour. We follow Lina Emerson as she moves to Italy and discovers things about herself an what it means to be family.

Things I Liked:
I LOVED Ren's gingerbread house. It was so fantastical and amazing! Plus it had a giant library. It was literally a dream house.

I also really loved all of the Italian culture and history explored in the story, especially about art. It was so vivid and beautiful. I also like the inclusion of Italian within the story. The Italian language is so beautiful I'm glad to see my classes paid off and I could understand everything.

I love that this story showcased found families. Being biologically related to someone is not the only thing that makes a family. Other people in your live who love and support you are just as much family your family as people biologically related to you.

Things I Didn't Like:
I found that the journal entries weren't very organic. To me they read like notes to the reader, overtly explaining things and rather formal, not a college students private journal. It didn't really help me connect to Hadley of Lina by extension.

Lina as a character wasn't my favorite either. I thought she was a little to eager to jump into situations without thinking things through, or talking to anyone else (specifically related to the journal and subsequent quest). I also really hated how she used Thomas to try and reconnect with Ren at the party in the end of the book.

This story is such a bright and happy read. It was like a breath of fresh air; it just feels light. It's such a perfect summer read, guaranteed to be a good time.
  LifeofaLiteraryNerd | Apr 27, 2018 |
Love and Gelato was a whimsical story that illustrated how a girl in mourning turned her life around for the positive. I loved how Carolina followed the life that her mom had wanted for her in more ways than she realized. I got extremely excited when Carolina battled the hard truths that she truly did not want to hear. She handled everything that came to her like a boss, even though it took some tears before hand. Jenna Evans Welch created a sweet story that physically takes you through Italy as if you were standing right next to Carolina. ( )
  morganmcb19 | Mar 23, 2018 |
So many feels. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
This book was so wonderful! Sweet, touching, and the perfect summer read!

Plus, it'll make you hardcore crave some gelato! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |
To David, For being my love story
You've had bad days before, right? You know, the ones where your alarm doesn't go off, your toast practically catches on fire, and you remember way too late that every article of clothing you own is soaking wet in the bottom of the washer?

"After her mother dies, Lina travels to Italy where she discovers her mothers's journal and sets off on an adventure to unearth her mother's secrets"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,366,675 books! | Top bar: Always visible