Bridesmaid Blues by Boone Brux

Bridesmaid Blues

by Boone Brux

Fun light read that was completely entertaining! When maid of honor Dani Brown finds out her no good, run for the hills ex, Jamie Kingsland, is the best man at the upcoming wedding, she wants to throttle both the bride and her ex. But the bride is her best friend so she has no choice but to suck it up and play nice. Then when the bride asks her to keep Jamie occupied so he can't spew his anti marriage venom at the groom, things really get interesting!!

This was a great read and one I highly recommend. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley/Entangled Publishing/Entangled: Lovestruck for an honest review. I felt that the intimate scenes were too detailed and took place in odd places. I still enjoyed the romance between Dani and Jamie and the supporting characters. This is a quick read and good for when you need to escape for a few hours. ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 31, 2015 |
I bought this a few weeks ago when I was looking through Entangled:Lovestruck titles and feeling low on self control. This caught my eye and shortly after reading the description I was off buying the ebook. While I did enjoy this overall I would have liked this to have been longer with more may to the story.

I did like both of the main characters, Dani and Jamie. My main problem with both of them (well besides the fact that I felt Jamie needed to man up some and do what he really wanted to do instead of what his dad commanded him to do) is that I felt like throughout this book I never really got to know them all that well. I would have definitely liked to have read more about their past. When they both started to let their guards down (at least enough to be friends with benefits) the story really started to heat up and I loved the passion between them.

Sometimes I felt like the characters could be a bit overdramatic and sometimes their drama could be a bit baffling. One character got really pissed at another over something really stupid. Maybe I felt that way because I felt a lack of connection with most of the characters.

I would recommend this if you are looking for something with some great heat but nothing too heavy. ( )
  dpappas | Jul 23, 2015 |
This is a fun, fast paced, quick read with a fresh approach to second chances. It is well written with quirky moments that make the story more enjoyable. The characters are likable and easy to connect with. Their emotions and reactions are realistic. The secondary characters add color and depth. I loved Dani's friend Roxy! This would make a great beach read.

ARC received from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  blsfan68 | Jul 1, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible