Deep Dark Fears by Fran Krause

Deep Dark Fears

by Fran Krause

Fran Krause's Deep Dark Fears is an adult graphic novel. The majority of the content is gleaned from submissions received by the author on his website although a few are from his wife and himself. As the title suggests, this is a collection of fears harbored by people and then put into a comic format. (The illustrations are really great by the way.) And while these are legitimate fears that people have they're not all totally scary. Some of them are so out there that they're humorous...although to the person who submitted it I guess it's not funny at all. From the content, it seems that the majority of people developed these fears/phobias when they were still children from adult family members who told them horrifying things. Note to adults: Please think about what you're telling your kids because you never know what they'll hold onto and how they'll twist it in their minds. ( )
  AliceaP | Feb 5, 2018 |
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/11/19/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-october-2017-wrap-up/

The Deep Dark Fears collection is a humorous look at humanity’s strangest and darkest fears. A webcomic turned into two collected editions, Deep Dark Fears and The Creeps are unique looks at strangers’ most horrifying and baseless fears, submitted through Tumblr and illustrated by Krause himself. Get ready to feel slightly less crazy! ( )
  yrchmonger | Nov 19, 2017 |
This is a collection of images from the Tumbler account Deep Dark Fears. Just go there now. I'll wait.

So yeah, amazing right? Or at least for someone that is neurotic as hell and fears a lot of crazy random things. I related to so many of these strips and I'm going to share a couple below. But if you love the tumbler, this book would be worth buying if you want some of the best in book-form.

Copy courtesy of Ten Speed Press, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Fear is the devil, maybe. I’ve heard it says “Fear not” in the Bible 365 times. Whether or not that is true, I know fear crushes us.

So, then, a book of fears. Face them. Drive them out.

When you read this book and take a look at some of the crazy fears people have, you may laugh your way through fears of your own.

It’s a new year. ( )
  debnance | Jan 2, 2016 |
I totally loved this! A collection of comics previously published as a webcomic depicting both the author's and other people's darkest fears. Some are absolutely hilarious in a dark, unsettling way, but I must admit to laughing out loud more than once. I was amazed how many of these I've actually shared at least once, especially the ones taken from childhood fears. Some are quite gruesome while others are plain silly but all get to the various insecurities we all share as human beings and I could relate to where even the strangest fears were coming from. The book made me want to tell the author my own fears and have him draw them for me! Hope there is a second collection on the works!! ( )
  ElizaJane | Aug 24, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,425,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible