Promise of Mercy by Kurt D. Springs

by Kurt D. Springs

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bydwatson2, Cherylk

No tags.

25 years after a viscous battle was fought on the planet Etrusci there is a new conflict. Deirdre and her sisters have returned to their home planet after their training with the Finnian Shock Forces. They find that their mother, High Priestess Celinia, and other leaders of the clergy have been taken hostage, and their father, Colonel Liam O’Connor has disappeared. As they struggle to find their father, Deirdre finds evidence of a plot to start a new war and Liam has made friends with a rebel war criminal. Will Deirde kill the rebels or show them mercy.

Promise Of Mercy by Kurt D. Springs is the sequel to Price Of Vengeance but it’s also a stand alone novel. I loved how fast paced this novel is and I liked it a little more than the first book for the simple reason that I was more familiar with the setting in this story. I liked the characters and the setting so much that it was nice to revisit it.

The thing I liked the most about Promise Of Mercy is the world that Kurt D. Springs has created. Everything is described in great detail and I enjoyed hearing about how they use their dreams to travel and how their weapons work. I also liked the concept in the story of someone having to show kindness to their sworn enemy. Promise Of Mercy is a great Science Fiction adventure set in a world that resembles ours in several ways but is different enough that it feels totally original. This is a great book for anyone who likes a well told story in a fantastic setting. ( )
  dwatson2 | Jul 10, 2015 |
It was good to visit with Celinia, Liam, and Randolf again from the first book, Price of Vengeance. I grew close to all of them, especially Liam. Now, twenty-five years later I am introduced to Liam and Celinia's three daughters. It did seem as if the focus was on one particular daughter, Deirdre. So I became connected to her the most.

I liked the set up for the kidnapping and the motive but I did find that it seemed to stretch a little long with no action. Action is what I got spoiled on by the first book. It was instant action. So this lack of it up front made it a little harder for me to read this book as fast. However about half way is when the story picked up for me. From here I was able to really enjoy the book and read it faster. Deirdre is quite the warrior, just like her father. The world and the characters that the author has created is wonderful. If you are a fan of sci-fi, military, or just looking for a new author to read then you have to check out this series. You will not regret it. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 1, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,824,927 books! | Top bar: Always visible