Bones on Ice: A Novella (Kindle Single)…

Bones on Ice: A Novella (Kindle Single) (Temperance Brennan)

by Kathy Reichs

Another challenging forensic puzzle for Temperance Brennan as she must identify the remains of a Mt Everest climber that had been several years on the mountain. Ascertaining identity turns into a murder investigation when she discovers the death was not an accident but a homicide. ( )
  jamespurcell | Aug 20, 2017 |
Dr. Temperance Brennan has to be on her game for this case. A body on Mt. Everest has been rescued after three years, and Tempe must identify the body and the cause of death. The corpse is the daughter of a wealthy family who wants closure. But the more Tempe works, the more she becomes convinced that all is not what it first seemed to be. Fans of this series will thoroughly enjoy this novella. An intricate plot that is not at all predictable will keep you reading until the very end. ( )
  Maydacat | Jul 23, 2016 |
Different then the usual. A body is taken down from Mt. Everest after the earthquake in 2014 and a wealthy woman wants the body to be identified as her missing daughter. The case has many twists and turns but vey interesting reading about mountain climbing and the way climbers look at climbing. ( )
  joannemonck | Mar 8, 2016 |
Listened for Review (Penguin/Random Audio)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.00

Overall Thoughts: I really like this series best when it is focusing on the science and police work. The novellas seem to be very focused in this area so I tend to really enjoy them. I will say that if you aren't familiar with book version of Tempe and gang (they are very different than TV version) then you might want more from the character side of the story. However, I really liked the case and how it took both police, forensics, and a bit of luck to bring it to a close. The only part that was a little rushed was the twist at the end. I would have liked a bit more there but overall I really liked it!

Audio Thoughts:
Narrated By Katherine Borowitz / Length: 3 hrs and 28 mins

I think I have listened to most of these on audio and even though this series tends to switch up narrators every 3 or 4 books --Katherine has done about 5 in the series and I like her version of Tempe. I think she brings the right amount of clinical vs personality to the character. She is my 2nd favorite narrator in the series and does it well.

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Aug 27, 2015 |
Another excellent book by Kathy Reichs in the Dr. Temperance Brennan series. Brennan is investigates a death that occurred a couple of years ago on Mt Everest. She finds out that the victim was murdered and isn't the one in the same as murdered. She tracks the real person to South American where she impersonated someone else and then murdered there. ( )
  terrygraap | Jul 9, 2015 |

Featuring a preview of the highly anticipated new thriller Speaking in Bones, this eBook original novella showcases #1 New York Times bestselling author Kathy Reichs at the peak of her powers. In Bones on Ice, forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan gets wrapped up in the ultimate cold case: a murder on Mount Everest. It is called the "death zone": the point on Everest, nearly five miles high, above which a climber cannot be rescued. More than 250 souls have lost their lives there. Most of the bodies remain, abandoned, frozen in place. When an earthquake leads to a miraculous recovery, Dr. Temperance Brennan is hired to identify the frozen mummified human corpse. The victim is the daughter of a wealthy Charlotte couple who never got the chance to say goodbye. But far from offering solace and closure, Tempe's findings only provoke more questions. What happened on Mount Everest? Was the young woman's death an accident? Why aren't the other climbers talking? And how far will those hiding the truth go to make sure the past stays buried?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible