Muirwood: The Lost Abbey (Kindle Serial)…

Muirwood: The Lost Abbey (Kindle Serial) (Legends of Muirwood)

by Jeff Wheeler, Alex Sheikman (Illustrator), Lizzy John (Illustrator), Dave Justus, Matthew Sturges

2.5 stars

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

This review is just for the first issue, which was all that was available on Netgalley at the time.

It's so short, that it's almost impossible to form a decent opinion on it. However, there always the first impression. Which was, at best, a bit mixed.

While I have the complete Muirwood series, I haven't read them yet and thought this might be the perfect introduction before I start reading them.

The story so far seemed quite standard, and I didn't feel too engaged in the story yet, but that might come in a later issue. The artwork wasn't bad, but it didn't wow me.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
First issue only:

Fantasy tale about magic and a quest for knowledge

Maia, a royal princess, is brought back from exile to find a solution to the kingdom of Comoros’s problems. She has magical powers which will help her in her quest.

Quite well illustrated and quite engaging but nothing special in my opinion.
  PaulAllard | Dec 9, 2015 |
Vibrant illustrations and good story line. Great entre for the published printed word story. ( )
  mcdenis | Aug 23, 2015 |
The first episode in this serial shows some promise, and how it plays out remains to be seen. In reviewing this book, I feel as if I'm being asked to make a judgement on the whole book based on only reading the first chapter.

The story line and premise are being set in this first serial, but we don't yet know how the characters will grow and develop over the course of time. The book begins with a common theme of a woman being held captive, but this protagonist shows some potential for being a stronger character than what she's portrayed in this brief episode.

Note: I received a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Neftzger | Aug 12, 2015 |
This is the first of five-part graphic series in the Jeff Wheeler’s Muirwood story line. I didn’t know until I dug a little further that this runs along a series of books he has published. While I don’t feel you need to read them to understand what is going on in this graphic novel, you do get the impression that the world isn’t as small as what you see. Just by the small text on the first page, you understand that there so much more. I thought that was cool, and exciting, because now I have a series to hunt down.
There was a ton of inner dialogue in this comic, but I didn’t feel it took from the story. It was nice to read. Sometimes it takes a couple of comic before you really understand the main character/s, definitely not the case with the princess. You can also tell (minus the bad to the bone cover) she is meant for this epic, life-altering quest.
Most of the detail in the art is in the scenery, and not consistent; some of the panels seemed unfinished, while others seemed a bit over done.
Overall, this was a good first read that leads you to a big world. I’ll be reading more Muirwood soon, and intend thus far to keep up with this graphic novel series. ( )
  Hope.Sloper | Jul 16, 2015 |

Jeff Wheelerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alex SheikmanIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
John, LizzyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Justus, Davemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sturges, Matthewmain authorall editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible