A Lion To Guard Us by Bula

A Lion To Guard Us

by Bula

312,001,085NoneNone
Recently added byShelby_Booker1214, Delfinek

Summary: In this book their are three children, who are forced to try and fend for themselves. Their father is in America trying to help settle the new colonies, but shortly after he left, the mother became extremely sick and passed away. They decided they would take a boat to America in hopes of finding their father, but a terrible storm comes and causes a shipwreck, leaving them stranded on an island. They have to endure many trials while living on the island with the other families as they wait for a new ship to be built.

Personal Reaction: I couldn't believe this was a children's book, because I did not want to set it down. The book uses great detail in order to draw you in to the story. I am sure children between the ages of third to sixth grade would really enjoy getting to read this book.

Classroom Extension:
1. After the child read the book, I would have them do an art project. I would give them supplies like rocks, sticks, popsicle sticks, leaves, etc... and I would have them build their own mini hut, like what they imagined the ones that the children were living in on the island.
2. I would do a "tell your own island story" work sheet were the children would use their imagination in order to tell what they think it would be like to be stranded on an island and how they would use their brains to escape.
  Shelby_Booker1214 | Oct 26, 2016 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,872,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible