Mobile Library

Mobile Library

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byMyBooks_AreMe

This book is one of the best books I've ever read. It just seems to fit together so well, and the story just kept pulling me in and pushing me to finish the story, because it was just so good. What really pulled me into the story in the first place, was that the first chapter is also the final chapter, and it ends on a cliffhanger before taking you right back to the beginning of the story.

The story takes place in England, where Bobby Nusku is essentially alone in the world - his mother is gone, his father and his girlfriend want nothing to do with him, his only friend spends most of the summer in hospital before moving across the country, and he is constantly bullied. Bobby's escape comes when he meets Rosa and her mother Val, and he is swept away into the world of books. However, when Val realises that Bobby's life at home is far from happy, she finds the only way to save him is to run away in the mobile library. Together, they take their own adventure across the country, reading along the way. When they come across camper Joe, they become their own little family. With a few twists and turns, they are soon involved in a police chase, that ends in the most unlikely way

Pros: I absolutely adored this book. I can't put my finger exactly why it was so good, just that when I finished, I knew I would treasure the story, and the book, and read it again and again. This book just struck me as a wonderful story, with great story progression and character development. It was relatable (although I have not gone through what the characters go through, I was still able to connect with them) and took you on a journey - just like all the books did for Bobby.

Cons: I've given this book five stars, so I obviously found no faults in it. I just loved it!

Overall, I definitely recommend you read this book! If you only read one new book this year, let it be this one, because you will not be disappointed. The story will reaffirm your outlook on society, and show that their are people out there who will be a family to you, and that even though you are born into one family, you will find love and support in others. Just read it!

Published on My Books Are Me [www.mybooksareme.weebly.com] ( )
  MyBooks_AreMe | Jul 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,752,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible