The Covenant by Beverly Lewis

The Covenant (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Beverly Lewis

Member:campmom
Title:The Covenant
Authors:Beverly Lewis
Info:Thorndike Press (2003), Hardcover, 426 pages
Collections:Favorites
Rating:*****

The Covenant by Beverly Lewis (2002)

English (13)  Dutch (1)  All languages (14)
I was not aware of the Amish fiction genre until I kept seeing these books at the library with women with bonnets on the cover. I decided to give one a try. I liked it more than I thought I would, maybe even enough to read the next in the series. It was nice to read a book that was so linear and straightforward and just told a story where nothing was too complicated. ( )
  klburnside | Aug 11, 2015 |
Very good book! Leaves you wanting more, will be reading the rest of the series soon! ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Apr 12, 2015 |
A simple book about four sisters growing up in a Amish family and what happens when the older sister steps outside the rules of her Amish faith. ( )
  mldeheus | Feb 20, 2015 |
I lvoed the book. It was so interesting reading about Amish customs and lifestyle. The book capivated my attention and it was hard to put down. The characters came to life and so did thir feelings. It was very well written. I will read more ov Beverly Lewis books because I enjoyed this one so much ( )
  campmom | Jan 8, 2013 |
I'm so bored with this that I can't finish it. ( )
  shesinplainview | Nov 25, 2012 |
Growing up, I drank a bitter cup.

Book 1 of Abram's Daughters series from bestselling author Beverly Lewis. Years of secrecy bind the tiny community of Gobbler's Knob together more than the present inhabitants know, and the Plain folk who farm the land rarely interact with the fancy locals. So when Sadie is beguiled by a dark-haired English boy, it is Sadie's younger sister, Leah, who suffers from her sister's shameful loss of innocence. And what of Leah's sweetheart, Jonas Mast, sent to Ohio under the Bishop's command? Drawn into an incomprehensible pact with her older sister, Leah finds her dreams spinning out of control, even as she clings desperately to the promises of God. The Covenant begins a powerful Lancaster portrait of the power of family and the miracle of hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:48 -0400)

Four sisters in Lancaster County witness the secrets of their tiny home community as Leah suffers from her sister Sadie's shameful loss of innocence with an English boy and finds her own dreams of love with Jonas spinning out of control.

Bethany House

2 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764223305, 0764210866

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,090,609 books! | Top bar: Always visible