The Covenant by Beverly Lewis

The Covenant (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Beverly Lewis

Member:campmom
Title:The Covenant
Authors:Beverly Lewis
Info:Thorndike Press (2003), Hardcover, 426 pages
Collections:Favorites
Rating:*****

The Covenant by Beverly Lewis (2002)

English (10)  Dutch (1)  All languages (11)
I lvoed the book. It was so interesting reading about Amish customs and lifestyle. The book capivated my attention and it was hard to put down. The characters came to life and so did thir feelings. It was very well written. I will read more ov Beverly Lewis books because I enjoyed this one so much ( )
  campmom | Jan 8, 2013 |
I'm so bored with this that I can't finish it. ( )
  shesinplainview | Nov 25, 2012 |
Two oldest daughters of Abram make a covenant to not reveal that oldest, Sadie, is slipping away at night to see an English youth. When she has a little boy and he dies, the sister promises to keep he secret from the rest of the family.
  pbhenry | Aug 7, 2011 |
Beverly Lewis does not disappoint with this first installment in the Abram's Daughters series. Although it is similar to other writers of this type of Christian fiction, Beverly Lewis' books are just a cut above the rest. I enjoyed this book as well as the rest of the series very much. ( )
  sdbookhound | Dec 25, 2009 |
First in the series Abrams Daughters..loved it!! This got me hooked on the entire series! I love the Amish & this series is awesome! Feels like I'm living in Lancaster! :) ( )
  Ames3473 | Nov 28, 2009 |
Growing up, I drank a bitter cup.

Book 1 of Abram's Daughters series from bestselling author Beverly Lewis. Years of secrecy bind the tiny community of Gobbler's Knob together more than the present inhabitants know, and the Plain folk who farm the land rarely interact with the fancy locals. So when Sadie is beguiled by a dark-haired English boy, it is Sadie's younger sister, Leah, who suffers from her sister's shameful loss of innocence. And what of Leah's sweetheart, Jonas Mast, sent to Ohio under the Bishop's command? Drawn into an incomprehensible pact with her older sister, Leah finds her dreams spinning out of control, even as she clings desperately to the promises of God. The Covenant begins a powerful Lancaster portrait of the power of family and the miracle of hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:32 -0400)

Four sisters in Lancaster County witness the secrets of their tiny home community as Leah suffers from her sister Sadie's shameful loss of innocence with an English boy and finds her own dreams of love with Jonas spinning out of control.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,625,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible