Dancing in the Duke's Arms [Anthology…

Dancing in the Duke's Arms [Anthology 4-in-1]

by Grace Burrowes, Shana Galen, Carolyn Jewel, Miranda Nevilla

191537,190 (3.88)None

In this anthology each story is connected by the Dukeries house party. As with most anthologies some of the stories are better than others, but I enjoyed all of these.
My least favorite was Waiting for a Duke Like You by Shana Galen. I love regency romances, but I have a personal quirk against royalty from 'fake' European countries so this is all on me. I did like the Duke in the story, but the plot seemed contrived. It was well-written though.

Miranda Neville’s story was a delight. The older Duke marrying a too young lady and the couple becoming estranged is a plot line that I enjoy. She matures and he unbends for a satisfying romantic story.

Grace Burrowes is one of my favorite authors so I very much enjoyed her story of the Duke and his romance with his governess.

Carolyn Jewel is another favorite. I wanted the story to be a little longer and fleshed out more, but it was a very enjoyable read. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Dec 8, 2015 |

Grace Burrowesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Galen, Shanamain authorall editionsconfirmed
Jewel, Carolynmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Nevilla, Mirandamain authorall editionsconfirmed

Why Do Dukes Fall in Love?
Every summer the cream of society gathers at the Dukeries, named for the ducal estates concentrated in one small corner of Nottinghamshire. While the entertainments include parties, balls, and a famous boat race, the ducal hosts and their guests find adventure, passion, and happy ever afters.

Four heartwarming stories from four bestselling authors of historical romance.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible