Married in Montana by Kirsten Osbourne

Married in Montana

by Kirsten Osbourne

203515,329 (2.2)None

This is a unique storyline, which makes for stiff and formal conversations. Mail order bride and mail order husband meet at the alter. Scott is a complete idiot where women are concerned. Savannah is shy and reserved with Scott. The way they talk to the other while getting to know each other is formal enough to sometimes read awkwardly. In real life I don't see them making the marriage work, but it's sweet and romantic the way they try. It's definitely a worthy read.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from LibraryThing. This is my voluntary and honest opinion of it. ( )
  duelalias | Aug 23, 2017 |
This is a very easy read. The very idea of getting married without being introduced to your partner is unique. I liked some of the banter between Savannah and Scott, but I was also hoping to find some comedy stunts that would leave you laughing. Instead it was the typical struggles of a couple trying to work through the rough patches of their new marriage. It's not bad, but I think it could have been better! ( )
  caslater83 | Nov 12, 2016 |
Setting aside that two professional adults would agree to marry someone they would only be allowed to meet at the alter, I still struggled with the ideas in this book. They seem to be harking back to the days when the expectation was that a women should be fulfilled with staying at home to look after "her man", cook his dinner, clean his house and produce children. And not look for any mental stimulation outside of the home and not use her education if that's what her husband wants.

At the beginning, Scott was not just a totally unreconstructed male, he was so completely dim about women that I would have bashed him on the head with the food mixer.

Fortunately despite coming across as a bit timid to start with Savannah does have the gumption to stand up for herself and what she wants out of life. And Scott's character does develop enough to be realistic without doing a complete about-face.

I read the whole book because I wanted to see how things turned out, but I don't think I would read anymore in the series. ( )
  SaraAnn05 | Feb 24, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,294,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible