Gone without a Trace: A Novel (Logan Point)…

Gone without a Trace: A Novel (Logan Point)

by Patricia Bradley

Missing women, a seriously messed-up bad guy, and moments of pulse-racing suspense will keep you riveted to the page in Patricia Bradley’s latest contribution to the Logan Point series, Gone Without A Trace.

Wow! Don’t plan on sleeping until you finish this book! This is movie-worthy suspense, folks. At times chilling, at others heart-stopping, but never too easy to solve. I didn’t nab the bad guy until just before they did. Ms. Bradley is extremely skilled at writing suspense that holds your attention (translated: make sure you have no pressing engagements before you start reading her books) and keeps you guessing.

There are really two love stories going on in Gone Without A Trace but the main one is between Livy Reynolds, a Memphis cop suffering post-traumatic guilt after a fatal shooting, and Alex Jennings, the Dallas P.I. who reminds her too much of her flighty dad. While Alex is drawn to Livy pretty much right away, Livy is more hesitant due to what she perceives as similarities between him and the father that abandoned her after her mother’s death. As they work together to solve the disappearances of Samantha Jo and Robyn, Livy softens under Alex’s steady presence… with a little help from her cousin’s precocious matchmaking daughter Abby. I really liked the two of them as a team and as friends, and their growing mutual affection for each other was sweet to read. (Side note: It’s always fun to see the characters I loved from the first two books show up in the other books in the series. Ben, Taylor, Kate – all back in book 3.)

Another main theme in Gone Without A Trace revolves around Livy and how she is affected after fatally shooting a young suspect who appeared to have a real weapon. Her career suffers, her faith suffers, and her relationships suffer. I think this is something that everyone faces at some point in their faith journey – what do we do when God “lets us down”? A tough question. A real-life, rubber-meets-the-road question. And I thought Patricia Bradley did a good job of very gently addressing the answer.

Riveting suspense, sweet romance, and real faith are all on the menu in this third book in the fantastic Logan Point series! You won’t want to put it down once you start so make sure you have plenty of time carved out to finish reading it. Highly recommend the whole series for readers who enjoy romantic suspense. Hoping a book 4 in Logan Point is on the horizon for this author!

(I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishers in exchange for only my honest review.)

Read my full review at https://readingismysuperpower.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/review-gone-without-a-trace/ ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
Gone without A Trace by Patricia Bradley is the third book in her Logan Point series. Readers are once again transported to small town Mississippi where the lovely lake setting and small town feel hide a sinister mystery. A bit creepier than her first two novels, this one will appeal to those who like a Criminal Minds feel to their romantic suspense.

Livy Reynolds is a Memphis homicide detective with a big problem — she can’t get over the shooting of an unarmed teenager even though her actions are deemed reasonable and justifiable. Faced with a leave of absence or a desk job, Livy returns to her hometown to get her mind settled. Thinking that helping a Dallas PI, Alex Jennings, with a missing person investigation will do the trick, she discovers more than she thought — a mystery solved, a relationship restored and a new love.

Gone without A Trace is a fast-paced novel with twists, turns and surprises. The characters are engaging and soon become the reader’s favorites. Characters from previous books make appearances and a mystery introduced in book 1 is solved. Romantic sparks fly balancing the tension of the investigation, but Livy and Alex have trust issues when it comes to relationships. As stated, this one has a Criminal Minds kind of feel, but though the creep factor is ramped up, it is not gory or gross. The mystery is solved, but there is more to come with the romance, so readers can look forward to more from Livy and Alex.

A great weekend or vacation read, I recommend Gone without A Trace.

Recommended.

Audience: adults.

(Thanks to Revell for a review copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Jul 15, 2015 |
A suspenseful tale that will keep you turning the pages. The story starts out looking for a one missing woman and winds up linking other incidents to the missing girl. Alex and Livy wind up working together to find the missing girl as look for links to Livy's missing cousin as well. There were many times I thought I had the plot figured out only to find another twist. I enjoyed reading this book and always love a good plot twist
I received this book free from the publisher to review. ( )
  polarmath | Jul 14, 2015 |
Title: Gone Without a Trace (Logan Point #3)
Author: Patricia Bradley
Pages: 329
Year: 2015
Publisher: Revell
Alex Jennings is a private investigator who has just been handed his first case to work solo. He has been assigned the task of finding a wealthy man’s granddaughter who has gone missing. Alex is also dealing with his own wealthy grandfather who wants him to take the bar exam to become a lawyer. Alex likes being a PI as well as a flying instructor and has no intention of ever becoming a lawyer. As Alex investigates his case, he discovers many similarities to another missing woman’s case. This woman’s cousin, Livy Reynolds, is a homicide detective. She has been unsuccessful in finding her missing cousin, but agrees with Alex that the two cases bear looking into together.
Livy Reynolds has decided to take a leave of absence from her job as a detective so as to concentrate on finding her missing cousin. She initially thinks of Alex as just a PI and kind of beneath her professionally speaking, but after she gets to know him a little better changes her mind. Livy really doesn’t have time in her life for a romantic relationship as all she does is work, but Alex makes her realize she has no other life outside her job. Will Alex follow through on his word or disappoint her as her father has so many times before?
I have really enjoyed this romantic, suspense, and mystery filled series. The characters are ones each reader can identify with and root along with them as they track down the criminals and serve up justice. I like the faith elements included in each story as well. They are woven into the story so as not to brow beat the reader, but do show the characters’ faith in God. I hope there will be another exciting series from this author. Pick up a copy for an entertaining afternoon!
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Jul 13, 2015 |
This was book 3 in the Logan Point series and it just keeps getting better. There was suspense and romance. I really loved the characters. Livy and Alex make a great couple and the minor characters were great. I was guessing who the bad guy was and was wrong every time. It all works out perfectly. I received this book from Revell Reads for a fair and honest opinion. ( )
  Virginia51 | Jul 12, 2015 |

It's been more than two years since homicide detective Livy Reynolds's cousin disappeared from Logan Point. Unlike most people in her hometown, Livy has never believed that Robyn left voluntarily. When Dallas private investigator Alex Jennings contacts Livy concerning a missing senator's daughter who was last seen in Logan Point, she notices eerie similarities between the two disappearances. But with self-doubt plaguing her and an almost instant dislike of Jennings, Livy is finding this investigation an uphill battle. With her future in law enforcement on the line, can she find a way to work with a man who is her polar opposite?

Award-winning author Patricia Bradley keeps readers on the edge of their seats as they anticipate the outcome of the case--and the relationship between Livy and Alex--which is anything but certain.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 04 Jul 2015 16:09:39 -0400)

It's been more than two years since homicide detective Livy Reynolds's cousin disappeared from Logan Point, and Livy has never believed that Robyn left voluntarily. When Dallas private investigator Alex Jennings contacts Livy concerning a missing senator's daughter who was last seen in Logan Point, she notices eerie similarities between the two disappearances. But with self-doubt plaguing her and an almost instant dislike of Jennings, Livy is finding this investigation an uphill battle. With her future in law enforcement on the line, can she find a way to work with a man who is her polar opposite?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,650,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible