To Win Her Love by Mackenzie Crowne

To Win Her Love

by Mackenzie Crowne

135723,089 (4)None

-- Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

I adore stories where two people who initially dislike each other fall in love so that's what drew me in. However, the premise of a custody battle sounded like a refreshing one I haven't come across in a contemporary romance before.

I thought it was a lot of fun even if it is a touch realistic. I mean why is the decision left to two 6 year old girls to decide who their guardian should be? I remember how wish-washy I was when I was 6 about what candy I wanted--a life altering decision like guardianship shouldn't be left in a child's hand even if I appreciate the sentiment.

But I liked that this story was about these two coming together to create a family and finding out what they want in life. They had some really cute moments with the kids that absolutely melted my heart.

I would classify this romance as a slow burn romance for sure. And normally I don't mind that because it gives these characters time to get to know each other in a more meaningful way besides sex. But here, I didn't think that was the case. I wanted their connection to be elaborated on more, especially earlier in the novel when the plot focused more on setting up the circumstances of getting these two together. Which was rather slow in my opinion.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p7hLUw-1Ig
Actual Rating: 3/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
"4 out of 5 stars!! After Gracie learns that her brother-in-law prematurely passes away, she is all ready to take on the job of raising her six-year-old twin nieces. Yet, at the reading of the will she learns that she has to live with another relative (Jake -- who just happens to be the extremely hot football player she had an online argument with recently) for three months to earn the guardianship. However, with Gracie wanting to keep her life out of the spotlight, Jake’s life already in the spotlight, and dealing with this unique situation will she be able to keep her life on track and her heart in one piece at the same time? Or is this the beginning of something new for them all?

This energetic and enticing novel reels you in with its unique “family dynamic,” while capturing your interest with the mystery of Gracie’s paternity and Gracie & Jake growing relationship. I was riveted..."

Read more of my review and THREE TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/09/feasted-on-players-series-book...

Check out my blog tour post here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/09/blog-tour-ms-crownes-to-win-he... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Awesome read! This one hit a lot of my emotional buttons! It was funny at times, sad at others, and a great story all around. I can't wait to read more from this new to me author. Great writing style and a nice pace to the story.

Grace is feisty, protective, and a pretty amazing woman. She's had some rough times. She lost her sister to cancer then her brother-in-law also dies, leaving six year old twin girls in need of a family. Grace has no problem stepping up and taking care of the girls. The problem? Six foot four football superstar Jake Malone! Jake never had a relationship with his father. Now he suddenly finds himself responsible for his two younger sisters. The real kicker. He has to share that responsibility with Grace for the next three months!!!

This is one I highly recommend. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I loved this story! This a heart-warming novel that is full of fun, laughter and tears. Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down. It is wonderfully written with emotion that just won't let go. The build up between Gracie and Jake is fun and intense. The secondary characters (and Murphy) add humor and dimension to the story as well as dimension to Gracie and Jake's personalities. And, the ending will leave you in tears of happiness. I loved Tuck and Max. They are the kind of friends everyone wishes for. I can't wait to read more books in this series!

ARC received from Kensington Books in exchange for an honest review ( )
  blsfan68 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I love reading about sports, even though I hate watching them on tv and have no idea what the rules are. Nor did I do any sports, besides track and cross country, in high school. But for some reason, watching movies and reading books about sports is something that I really love.

And this novel was no exception! I really loved reading about Jake's profession, but I also loved the interaction between him and his teammates.

Gracie is so ballsy; I loved it! And her dog, Murphy, doing his "thing" with guys is just plain hysterical!

The twins are adorable. Angel and Charlie have been through so much in their short 6 years. I teared up when Angel broke down and cried on Gracie. She is a tough little girl, but there is only so much they can take before needing a good cry.

And I loved Jake. Once he decided and made up his mind about Gracie, all bets were off. I'm surprised they didn't cave in sooner, but with the twins I guess I can see why not.

I really enjoyed this novel and may just have to get the second one when it's out, especially if I can see the famous player Kevin Tucker get taken down by one woman! ( )
  JeracaFite | Jul 4, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,506,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible