The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson

The Scent of Shadows

by Vicki Pettersson

"I began reading this and almost put it down and then I got to the line: ""..I mean really."" I like witty and sarcastic characters so I thought to keep going.

I found myself really liking the heroine and even the basic plot. The characters were great and very likeable. The scenarios were believable and well thought through. There was just so much to understand though. Events would happen and would have reasons that were told but not explained. I spent so much time being confused about things because of it. The storyline would include mentions of a past that you know nothing of and it would be a reason for why something was happening. Then later on you finally get an explanation. I almost felt I needed to go back and reread it to actually understand what was going on. Like the book kept mentioning about the heroine having protected her sister twice and failed. This wasn't actually explained to you until the end of the book as to what happened.

I did really like the characters and the idea behind it but I felt too confused while reading it to want to continue with the series. Plus the bonus material was an excerpt from the newest to release soon and from reading it I discovered what would have pissed me off if I'd invested in the series. Not only had the heroine lost her life her mother any good father figure her sister her lover and all friends but was introduced into a battle she didn't know existed. Then in the end of this first book you find out that things start to look up for her. Then I read this new excerpt from the newest one to discover that she ends up losing her powers her new lover (that was introduced in the first one - which I liked) her first love is dead she had to kill a father she hated and so much more. I just know if I had conitnued it I'd have been pissed." ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
Fabulous book!!! Got it free when I first got my kindle. What a unique and clever storyline. Set in Las Vegas we meet the protectors of the city. Each a sign of the zodiac, they have a special power. Shadow and light, fight to control the city.

Again an entertaining book that keeps you on your toes as you keep all the names and who side they are on straight. A reread for sure! ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
bought in Shanghai, 24/06/08, 60 RMB

I'm looking forward to the next book of the series. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
Interesting storyline, though there were somethings that made you go WTF? I really like the main character. I've already bought the entire series as ebooks when they were on sale. I'll try the second one and see how it goes from there. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
I discovered Vicki Pettersson's Sign of the Zodiac series as a free Kindle offer on Amazon, and was instantly hooked, quickly buying each book as I finished the previous, devouring the entire series within a matter of a couple of weeks. Engaging characters, interesting storylines, I loved this series! ( )
  skatoulaki | Sep 12, 2013 |
He didn't look dangerous, not at first glance

When she was sixteen, Joanna Archer was brutally assaulted and left to die in the Nevada desert.

By rights, she should be dead.

Now a photographer by day, she prowls a different Las Vegas after sunset—a grim, secret Sin City where Light battles Shadow—seeking answers to whom or what she really is . . . and revenge for the horrors she was forced to endure.

But the nightmare is just beginning—for the demons are hunting Joanna, and the powerful shadows want her for their own . . .

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060898917, Mass Market Paperback)

By rights, she should be dead.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:29 -0400)

This action-packed debut features a young woman who must choose between her destiny as a brave member of the Zodiac and the dark forces that want to tear her life apart. Original.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,672,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible