The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson

The Scent of Shadows

by Vicki Pettersson

1,072None7,765 (3.47)21

Interesting storyline, though there were somethings that made you go WTF? I really like the main character. I've already bought the entire series as ebooks when they were on sale. I'll try the second one and see how it goes from there. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
I discovered Vicki Pettersson's Sign of the Zodiac series as a free Kindle offer on Amazon, and was instantly hooked, quickly buying each book as I finished the previous, devouring the entire series within a matter of a couple of weeks. Engaging characters, interesting storylines, I loved this series! ( )
  skatoulaki | Sep 12, 2013 |
unreadable
  EhEh | Apr 3, 2013 |
a remarkably uneven book.

during the first half, we're learning about a bizarre new world right along with the heroine - it's dark and odd and confusing, and makes for compelling reading. this first half is capped off by possibly one of the best love scenes i've ever read in a dark fantasy, wherein the sex is not only steamy, but you get the very firm idea that the characters actually do LOVE each other.

after this, the heroine descends into the actual other world, and all of a sudden, it gets more than a bit cliched. our chick is getting her superhero tips from a comic book shop, and the villains are utterly one-note.

all in all interesting enough to check out the sequel(s), but not as great as the initial pages promised. ( )
  fireweaver | Mar 31, 2013 |
The first of the series; this one's a keeper. While the overall tone of the book was dark, there were bits of humor sprinkled in appropriate places. The main character, Joanna, is what my grandmother would call "a real pill"; full of cynical, sarcastic, get-out-of-my-way at-i-TUDE.

There are touching moments, there are kick-butt moments and there are "eeewww" moments. This one was hard to put down. When I finally did finish it, I went straight to the computer to find out how to get the next one in the series. ( )
  FiberBabble | Mar 30, 2013 |
He didn't look dangerous, not at first glance

When she was sixteen, Joanna Archer was brutally assaulted and left to die in the Nevada desert.

By rights, she should be dead.

Now a photographer by day, she prowls a different Las Vegas after sunset—a grim, secret Sin City where Light battles Shadow—seeking answers to whom or what she really is . . . and revenge for the horrors she was forced to endure.

But the nightmare is just beginning—for the demons are hunting Joanna, and the powerful shadows want her for their own . . .

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060898917, Mass Market Paperback)

By rights, she should be dead.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:29 -0400)

Brutally assaulted and left to die in the Nevada desert as a teenager, Joanna Archer survived and now, a photographer by day, she prowls the streets of Las Vegas after sunset, searching for the truth about who she really is.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible