The Girl With Two Names: A Novel by Gerard…

The Girl With Two Names: A Novel

by Gerard O'Neill

This book follows the story of a popular singer who led a not so enjoyable private life. the story takes her life down an enjoyable path. enjoyable book. easy to read. ( )
  Dilshara | May 9, 2018 |
I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

This book caught me by surprise. The plotline and characters were impressive. The beginning of the book took awhile to get me intrigued. but after a few chapters, i couldn't put it down.

This story follows Yayoi, a young married woman stuck in the horrible marriage that becomes abusive. Yayoi decides its time to get out of this marriage. she leaves but like any abusive husband he wasn't gonna have it so he continues to try to pursue her. This book was a great read and kept me interested in finding what happens to Yokoi. ( )
  relativelybooktastic | Nov 22, 2017 |
I received this e-arc for an honest review, thank you!

This is a place where I admit my fault of delayed review. I was given the book more than a year ago, I think it's nearly 2 years now. Not really acceptable, I am really apologizing. I had issues with opening the file at first and postponing the reading for later and so it was just residing in the folder.So, when I finally did pick up the book and actually started reading it took me a month, oh, yes, I did manage to read other books on the side.

I found The Girl with Two Names suiting the genre as brutal elements filled thriller quite accurate, although it is a slow read. I am not sure I understand the author's idea behind the book, whats underneath. One is clear the main character is suffering quietly in abusive marriage , she is also pretending to be someone else, losing her own identity. She is doing what the fake celebrity/ person is expect to do. I believe it very much suit the Korean, Chinese, Japanese one time fame role - where the person has to place their own life and likes on hold just to achieve the fame of the famous person - fulfilling the contract terms, more over when the one is her husband, taking up another name and life she is supposed to be living.
She does escapes and again is hunted down by her "toxic" abusive husband. ( )
  ilonita50 | Jun 3, 2017 |
I liked the story line of this book. I wish I could give it a higher number, but there were just too many technical things wrong. First of all, this book needs major proofreading and editing. There were just too many editing problems to overlook. The author frequently makes abrupt transitions from one scene to the next, without any lead-ins to guide the change. This can get confusing.

I was also unhappy with Yaya’s constant reflection on her experiences with her family. I found the scenes interesting and informative, but way, way too long. It interfered with the action plot.

I liked the strong, determined heroine. She dealt with all the adversities calmly and quietly, with great resolve.
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  DorisB | May 3, 2017 |
I received this book in a giveaway for my honest review of the book. I have to say it is very slow going, I almost gave up reading it, but decided to give it a fair shot. The second half of the book is far better than the first. The characters are also very likeable and we'll rounded. If the first half was as good as the second I would have given it 5 stars. ( )
  Taysmama | May 3, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 099436542X, Paperback)

Haunted by a recent catastrophe Yayoi wants to rebuild her life and find romance, but what awaits her is more than she planned on. More than Yayoi's creativity is on the line. It's her life. Yayoi is the singing sensation known to her fans as Yaya. Married to the fading movie star Nori, the violent scion of a wealthy family, she is tied to the major corporate label they own through a binding and crushing recording contract.

With the paparazzi on her tail, she's determined to make her escape. Pursued by her obsessive and reckless husband she finds romance with Bill. Unaware of what lies ahead and the truly treacherous path she is on, all she knows is it's too late to turn back for she has made her decision.

An edgy contemporary romance and psychological suspense thriller.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 08:28:56 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Gerard O'Neill's book The Girl With Two Names: A Novel was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,726,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible