Robert A. Heinlein's Citizen of the Galaxy…

Robert A. Heinlein's Citizen of the Galaxy

by Robert Lazaro

113820,536 (3)None

I had the book of this graphic novel so many years ago that I'd forgotten all of it. This one was interesting but seemed incomplete. Maybe I need to go back to the book? ( )
  questbird | Jul 14, 2016 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I'll admit I didn't read Robert Heinlein's Citizen of the Galaxy or any other of his books. This one seemed interesting enough on Netgalley as I was trying to venture more into the graphic novel world.

Point is I found the story about the young slave boy growing up to become more than some young slave man boring despite the fact the novel is only 104 pages long. Some pages in the graphic novel had so much text on them they almost lost the 'graphic' part completely. I think it's even more important in graphic novels to 'show, don't tell'.

At no point the story surprised me and I didn't really care for the art. I was disappointed in this one.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Entertaining enough read but heavy on socialism/communism. Ends with the quote "All of us are free but not each of us." which is the uncomfortably heavy handed theme throughout the whole story: people must give up their individual freedom for the sake of the "people". Should be called "Comrade" of the Galaxy. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jul 6, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,528,455 books! | Top bar: Always visible