Harables: Short Stories 1 (Volume 1) by…

Harables: Short Stories 1 (Volume 1)

by Haidji

I won this book as part of a library thing giveaway. It is a book of short stories by this author. I enjoyed reading them. I hope to read more books by this author. ( )
1 vote darcy123 | May 15, 2017 |
Harables is a collection of 18 short stories that will have you thinking about them long after you have read them. I'm not a big fan of short stories because it just seems like they don't grab you like a novel does, except if they are written by Haidji. I don't know how she does it but each story brings emotions out of you that you wouldn't think a short story could. Some of my favorites The Lost Little Star, The Invisible Girl, One Euro. As I have said before Haidji writes with such a poetic flow that it seems the words flow into your heart and just makes you feel good. The stories are simple and sometimes simple is the best. ( )
1 vote Draak | Apr 28, 2017 |
Harables
I’ve now read both Harables – Short Stories 1 and Harables – Short Stories 2, and I’m impressed. The short stories are on different subjects, but they all have something in common. All stories make you think about why Haidji has written them. The answer is that she wants to tell you something about life and the different situations you may face. Each chapter starts with a quote from the following coming story. The quotes deserve to be called proverbs because they are very genuine and thought-provoking.
Both books are written in excellent English, and they are meaningful and instructive, so I recommend them both. Five stars! ( )
1 vote Bengan | Apr 19, 2017 |
i really enjoyed reading this book. each story had a lesson to be learned from and i think it would be a great book to give to young people to read and learn from. ( )
  sherlock134 | Mar 20, 2017 |
Short stories 1 was a good read. There were a few stories that really stood out to me. It gave me an insight into my own thoughts. There was one line that really stuck with me though. It reads "No matter how deep you fall, if you can find serenity, you can always stand up again". Anyone can apply this to their life. I can't wait to read Short Stories 2. ( )
1 vote HeathernJeff | Feb 17, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Haidji's book Harables was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Haidji is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,984,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible