To the Stars: A Thatch Novel by Molly…

To the Stars: A Thatch Novel

by Molly McAdams

329347,362 (4)1

Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A suspenseful story full of steamy romance, great drama, and wonderful characters. I would highly recommend to this anyone looking for a romantic thriller.

Opening Sentence: “Happy Birthday, Low. I waited for you.”

The Review:

When Harlow Evans was fifteen years old she met Knox Alexander and sparks flew! They were instantly attracted to each other but Knox was already eighteen and starting a relationship wasn’t wise or legal. Instead, Knox promised that he would wait for Harlow to be old enough for them to be together. Harlow never thought nor did she expect Knox to actually give up the opportunity to date and have fun in college. But over the course of the three years the two developed a very deep friendship. A few months before Harlow turned eighteen she left for college and met someone else. She fell quickly in love and when Knox finally asked her to be his she said no.

Harlow married the boy she fell in love with and it was the biggest mistake of her life. Not only has she been unhappy in her marriage she has come to fear for her life and for the life of the people she cares about most. When she has a chance encounter with Knox, she can’t help but feel all those feelings she had for him come rushing back. But starting anything with Knox isn’t only stupid it is also extremely dangerous!

In the story you jump back from the past to the present so you get to see two very different sides to Harlow. The younger version of her is sweet, fun and extremely insecure. I liked her but she had some really frustrating moments. I get that she was really young and to some extent that does excuse how she acted, but I still struggled with some of her decisions! The older Harlow amazed me. She lived a life of constant terror and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. My heart broke as I read about her struggles and her fear. I can’t imagine what it would feel like to be in her shoes and it amazed me that she never stopped fighting. Overall, I thought she was a very dynamic character and I loved reading her story!

I loved everything about Knox. He is one of those guys that you meet and fall for instantly. He is sexy, charming, strong and loyal. Knox was very consistent and no matter what was thrown at him his feelings for Harlow never wavered. He always treated Harlow with the utmost respect and they were freaking adorable together. Watching them fall in love was perfect and they definitely had amazing chemistry!

To the Stars was a beautiful, heart breaking romance that was full of suspense. From the first page I was hooked and I seriously could not put the book down until I finished. I have read a lot of books by Molly McAdams and her thrillers have been my been by far my favorite books of hers. This wasn’t a mystery, but it was definitely very intense. The romance was steamy and written perfectly. I enjoyed seeing some old faces from the previous book and also getting to know new characters. The only thing I struggled with in the story was that there was cheating. It was a very small incident but no matter how justified the circumstances are, I always have a hard time with cheating of any kind. Overall, I really enjoyed the story and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a suspenseful romance!

Notable Scene:

“You think I don’t know what’s right here?” he asked as his fingers gently ran over the inside of ym elbow, and then my forearm. “And here? You think I didn’t see the pain on your face?”

“You need to leave, Knox,” I pled. “If anyone sees you with me, it will get back to him.”

“Low, he can’t—“

“He’s coming to look for me if I’m not back out there in ten minutes. You don’t get it.” I searched his face wildly and hoped he understood the urgency in my tone. “He can not find you with me. He can’t find out about you. Please, Knox.”

Knox didn’t blink, and didn’t move. “Why was he hurting you?”

“He wasn’t,” I insisted, and jumped when his voice boomed in the small space.

FTC Advisory: William Morrow/HarperCollins provided me with a copy of To the Stars. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Feb 23, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed this book and the deep and exciting love story of Knox and Harlow. They were both so young when they fell in love. Knox knew that he would have to go slow with her, but he also knew that she was the one that he wanted to spend his life with.
The book is well written and has a strong and exciting story to tell.
**LibraryThing wi ( )
  bettysunflower | Feb 6, 2016 |
I have read several other books by this author and liked them. Although, this is probably my favorite book out of the ones I have read. I have not read the first book in this series but I will go back and check it out now that I have finished this book. Yet, I must admit that while I really loved this book, I also feel a little back about liking it so much and it was difficult to read this book at the same time. Due to the nature of this story. Again what made this book so great was the characters themselves. Knox and Harlow are the real deal. What I mean by this is that they never stopped loving each other. Knox is the ultimate sweetheart. He would have waited forever for Harlow. Then there was the saying that they had to show their love for each other "To the stars" as in "Who would love someone to the moon when they could love to the stars."

I read and finished this book in a matter of a few short hours. So committed to the whole package of this book. Again, although this story was tough it had some funny moments. I do look forward to reading the next book by this author. ( )
  Cherylk | Feb 6, 2016 |
The book is well written and has a strong and exciting story to tell.
**LibraryThing win ( )
  bettysunflower | Jan 31, 2016 |
To the Stars is the first Molly McAdams book that I’ve read and I really enjoyed it. Honestly, I expected the story to be incredibly cheesy—and it was; just not in a horrible way. My favorite characters were Graham and Deacon towards the end. They’re the kind of friends everyone needs in their life. I know this is the second standalone book in a series and now I’m really looking forward to reading the first one since I (thankfully) received that one as well.
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  Serenity_Tigerlily | Jan 15, 2016 |

"He promised to wait for her. She told him he was wasting his time. Not waiting for him ended up being the biggest mistake of her life."Molly McAdams reels you in, one heart-wrenching, nail-biting page at a time."--USA Today bestselling author K.A. Tucker"I was on the edge of my seat in this gripping, emotional page-turner. The characters come to vivid life and you will cry tears of heartbreak and joy as Molly McAdams takes you To the Stars." Tiffany Snow, author of Playing DirtyWhen they were younger, Knox Alexander swore to Harlow Evans that he would wait for her to turn eighteen so they could be together. But that was two and a half years away, and Harlow couldn't ask him to give up all the fun and thrills of going away to college for her. As the years passed, Knox remained a constant in her life but when her eighteenth birthday came around, Harlow's heart belonged to someone else. Every day for the last four years, Harlow has been haunted by that fateful choice. And though he may appear unaffected by what happened in their past, Knox has always tried to fill the void Harlow left. But when he comes stumbling back into her life and refuses to leave, will Harlow finally let him into her heart.?"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Molly McAdams's book To The Stars was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,689,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible