Shopaholic to the Rescue by Sophie Kinsella

Shopaholic to the Rescue

by Sophie Kinsella

English (9)  French (1)  All (10)
I am currently reading this and cannot put it down as usual. Sophie hits the mark again with comedy, romance and femininity. I really hope she continues the series, I look forward to every book Sophie puts out. I would like to see more of Becky and Luke together though and I do hope she puts out a 2nd movie. ( )
  margaritalima | Oct 3, 2016 |
(78) ( )
  activelearning | May 25, 2016 |
I had been putting off reading this book because I was a little disappointed by the previous one in the series ("Shopaholic to the Stars"), but I'm glad I did read this because I did enjoy the book and my curiosity peaked from the last book (what was Becky's father's big secret?) was properly satisfied. There were some funny bits--not pee-in-your-pants funny, but smile-and-lightly-giggle funny--and some nice plot twists that I didn't expect. However, Becky Bloomwood and her squad are starting to feel a little old, mostly because their ridiculousness has become almost too ridiculous; I can feel each book striving a little too hard to top the previous one. I can see Kinsella setting up for another installment (a second baby for Becky? Becky balancing a second baby and a stylist career back in England?), but I'm hoping this is the conclusion of Shopaholic. I really enjoy Kinsella's other books, which are now funnier without trying too hard. Still, this was a light, enjoyable read. ( )
  danielle_burnette | Apr 9, 2016 |
Rebecca is at it again--she is on vaca in the west coast of the US. Taking a road trip by motor coach with her mom, husband and others on the lookout for her missing Dad and others. Outlandish as usual. Helps to read the Shopaholic to the Stars beforehand. ( )
  lhaines56 | Apr 2, 2016 |
I wasn't happy with Shopaholic to the Stars because it isn't a self-contained book. If I wanted to know the ending I had to buy this one. That said, once I ended my tantrum and bought this one, Kinsella redeemed herself. The character of Becky has grown up a lot, while still maintaining her quirks. For once, she wasn't the one creating the chaos, and I liked that. ( )
  NadineFeldman | Mar 21, 2016 |

Becky's biggest ever challenge takes her to Las Vegas and beyond in a fast-paced, fun-filled, road-trip adventure. Becky's gone too far in the past - but now she's putting things right. She's determined to track down her missing dad, help her best friend Suze, bond with her worst enemy Alicia Bitch Long-legs (maybe...) and work out how to play blackjack. As she discovers quite how much her friends and family need help, she comes up with a brilliant plan. Becky is going to rescue everyone. But can she rescue herself?

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 12 Jul 2015 16:36:55 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,127,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible