Texas Thunder (Rebel Moonshine) by Kimberly…

Texas Thunder (Rebel Moonshine)

by Kimberly Raye

An excellent read! For as long as anyone can remember, the Tuckers and the Sawyers have been at odds. But the original feud was decades ago and right now the only way for Callie Tucker to save the family home is to enlist the help of the one person she never wanted to see again, Brett Sawyer. Escaping an abusive father, Brett left home years ago but now he's back helping out his Pappy. Temporarily! When Callie Tucker asks for his help to find the original moonshine recipe, he knows there is no way to turn her down. Too bad his attraction and desire for her is still right there. Is there anyway these two can find their way??

I really enjoyed the writing in this one. There were some great characters too so hopefully we will see more. I would definitely recommend this one. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
WOW! What a great read! I put off reading this one and have no idea why. Now I can't wait to get my hands on the next book. Fans of great romances with well written outstanding characters and a great storyline need to pick this one up NOW. I laughed, I sighed, I got misty eyed....okay so mostly I smiled and sighed but still there was a bit of it all. I read this one in a matter of hours and hated for ANYONE to bother me while reading. Kimberly Raye has a true winner with this series, Rebel Moonshine, and I can't wait to see what comes next!I highly recommend this one to everyone. Just be warned once you start you won't be able to stop! ( )
  WendyK | Oct 9, 2015 |
A recipe torn in half, a friendship destroyed and a feud that has lasted decades are the back story of this novel. Sawyers and Tuckers once made “Texas Thunder” – the best moonshine around – but the recipe when lost created friction in Rebel, Texas dividing the town’s population down the middle.

Generations later Callie Tucker and Brett Sawyer, once high school friends, find themselves looking for solutions to problems they are facing. How they deal with their problems, their families and one another is the first novel in the Rebel Moonshine series.

This was an enjoyable read with characters for future books presented without giving away the love stories they will be involved in. This is my first book by this author and I enjoyed it. I would definitely enjoy finding out what will happen in the rest of this series and how everything will work out in the end.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press (Paperbacks) for the copy of this book to read and review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Aug 10, 2015 |
A quick and easy read with some fiery love scenes, loveable characters, and a hail Mary attempt to find a lost moonshine recipe. This contemporary cowboy romance is mostly light-hearted with a few serious sequences that will pull at your heartstrings (poor Pappy). The novel is the first in a series and it starts off great.

Net Galley Feedback ( )
  LibStaff2 | Jul 24, 2015 |

"The most infamous moonshiners in Lone Star history, the Tuckers and the Sawyers have been feuding for over a hundred years. Sure, the days of buckshot and bloodshed are long gone, but it's not over yet. To save the family business, Callie Tucker has to find the recipe for the legendary Texas Thunder moonshine. But first she'll need to make a devil's bargain--with a red-hot hellraiser named Brett Sawyer. A Sawyer through and through, Brett was raised to never trust a Tucker--especially one as pretty as Callie. But desperate times call for desperate measures. With his ranch going bankrupt, Brett agrees to help Callie find the recipe, sell the rights, and split the profits. Of course, it won't be easy for these two enemies to work together. But it's even harder to ignore the sparks of attraction--when just one kiss delivers a kick stronger than any swig of moonshine"--… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible