Stars Above: A Lunar Chronicles Collection…

Stars Above: A Lunar Chronicles Collection

by Marissa Meyer

4941920,689 (4.14)16

Finally The Happily Every After Epilogue I Have Been Waiting For! I had Stars Above on hold from the library for almost a straight month. I can not tell you how excited I got when I finally received this amazing book from the library. I think I might of scream a little bit of joy when I check it out of the library, of course people were staring and laughing at me. But they all understood my feelings exactly when I got this book in my hands. Now I will tell you I am not a big fans of short stories, I do occasionally do like to read them but mostly of the time I don't read them because I always want more out of the short stories. But I have read four out of nine novella's of the Stars Above on Wattpad and I really love and enjoyed them so much. I really do love going back into the world of the Lunar Chronicles that I can't get enough of it. But also I wanted to read the final epilogue of this fantastic series and sadly said my goodbyes to the Lunar Chronicles world. Plus too read who gets marry at the end of the book, and I tell you I was not disappointed with Stars Above. I absolutely and totally love and enjoy each and every story in this amazing book especially at the happily ever after at the end of the book. I will truly miss this amazing and fantastic world but I will most definitely re-read the whole series in the near future! ( )
  KatiriaR | Aug 8, 2017 |
Language: Mild. A few scattered cursewords, but they're very sparse. (1/10)
Violence: The story of winter's scars is explained. There is also a description of one of Winter's early hallucinations of bleeding walls. (3/10)
Steaminess: Some kissing, cuddling. One couple cuddles together on top of a bed for most of the night. An affair is touched upon in one of the stories. (3/10)

After reading the lunar chronicles (whoop whoop!), I was dying to read something that sort of continued the story of all my favorite characters. I found it here. I mean, yeah, looking back at the book after reading some of these reviews, I'd have to agree with the estimation that some of the male characters aren't as rounded as they could have been (Jacin is the main example of this, though Kai somewhat falls into this category also.) Overall, though, I would give this five stars because I enjoyed reading the fillers that explained why the characters were who they were or why they were where they were. Plus, I don't know about anybody else, but I love to see the happily ever after of my favorite characters and what they do after the big battle. This "epilogue" of sorts is a satisfying end to the series, and Meyer's writing flows seamlessly from the series into this novella to create a happily ever after that makes you simultaneously sigh with contentment and start itching for the next great read. ( )
  LivieTDT | Jun 4, 2017 |
I am not normally a fan of novellas, and was not even going to read this. It was on my shelves though, so I knew I had to at least give it a try. This was a perfect companion to The Lunar Chronicles series and I really enjoyed it.
It was so fun getting to learn more about these characters. I liked seeing how everything played out before the actual books started.

I loved learning more about how both Scarlet and Cinder came to live with the Grandmother. Cress was my favorite in the series, so of course, I loved learning more about her story. All of them were great except for one which did not focus on a main character.

Overall, I loved these. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jun 3, 2017 |
A part of the Stars Above anthology, The Keeper is the story of how Cinder came to be in Michelle Benoit's care and how Scarlet started living with her grandmother. Part of this story was explained in the Lunar Chronicles.

I thought it was a nice little preview into the person Michelle Benoit, whom we heard a lot of in Scarlet, but didn't really get to meet. I wish it had a little more of her relationship with Logan, but alas, the focus was on keeping Princess Selene alive and hidden.

Ultimately, The Keeper is the beginnings of Cinder and Scarlet.

Merged review:

Not a bad ending to the Lunar Chronicles. I wasn't particularly wowed by the story, but it was a sweet ending.

Merged review:

Of the four leads, I really loved Cress and her story and how she grew through the narrative. This story of how she came to be in the satellite was a sad one (even though I know how her story ends). It also give a little insight into the history of the shell program.

Merged review:

Even in this story I didn't think Jacin was as well rounded as I would like. I guess it's because it seems his entire existence was because of Winter. However, overall it was a nice story of why Winter made the choice she did to not use her power. I do have feelings as to what she could have done instead of not using her Lunar power, it seemed a very extreme decision overall.

Merged review:

My biggest complaint about the men of The Lunar Chronicles was that some of the men - mostly Kai and Jacin - weren't very interesting. However, I did loved the insight that we saw into Kai's personality in The Mechanic; the story of Kai and Cinder's first meeting from Kai's point of view. It made me like him a little more.

I'd probably read more from his point of view, you know, just in case you want to write more, Marissa Meyer.

Merged review:

Overall I loved the little stories in Stars Above (see each separate story for more details). I won't mind reading more from Jacin and Kai's point of views. ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
A collection of six stories from the universe of the Lunar Chronicles answer such questions as: How did Cinder first arrive in New Beijing? How did the brooding soldier Wolf transform from young man to killer? When did Princess Winter and the palace guard Jacin realize their destinies? ( )
  mcmlsbookbutler | Sep 29, 2016 |
For Sloane and Delaney
Michelle slid her fingertip across the portscreen, flipping through the album of photos her granddaughter had sent that morning.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,110,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible