Some of the Parts by Hannah Barnaby

Some of the Parts

by Hannah Barnaby

241443,774 (2)None

I chose this book because it was about organ donation and thought it would be an interesting read. Unfortunately, while the concept was good the execution wasn't. I never connected with the story and Tallie was just too woebegone for my liking. I know losing a sibling must be devastating, but there were times I wanted to shake her until her teeth rattled and some of her actions later in the book did not make sense. Also, it would have been nice if I had known Nate better. His death affected Tallie deeply but, as the reader, I was not given insight into his character which was disappointing. Overall, I was underwhelmed by this book. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Mar 15, 2016 |

For fans of Love Letters to the Dead and I’ll Give You the Sun comes a heartrending story of a teen who sets out on an unusual quest.

For months, Tallie McGovern has been coping with the death of her older brother the only way she knows how: by smiling bravely and pretending that she’s okay. She’s managed to fool her friends, her parents, and her teachers, yet she can’t even say his name out loud: “N—” is as far as she can go. Then Tallie comes across a letter in the mail, and it only takes two words to crack the careful façade she’s built up:

ORGAN DONOR.
Two words that had apparently been checked off on her brother’s driver’s license; two words that her parents knew about—and never revealed to her. All at once, everything Tallie thought she understood about her brother’s death feels like a lie. And although a part of her knows he’s gone forever, another part of her wonders if finding the letter might be a sign. That if she can just track down the people on the other end of those two words, it might somehow bring him back.

Hannah Barnaby’s deeply moving novel asks questions there are no easy answers to as it follows a family struggling to pick up the pieces, and a girl determined to find the brother she wasn’t ready to let go of.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:35:50 -0400)

A devastated teenaged girl sets out on a quest to track down transplant recipients after she discovers that her older brother was an organ donor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,805,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible