When the Music Stops by Paddy Eger

When the Music Stops

by Paddy Eger

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byskstiles612, paddyeger

I loved this sequel to 84 Ribbons. After her injury Marta returns home. At first she just hangs out around the house, most days in her robe. She still has an issue with diet pills. Steve has been a big support throughout this whole thing. He is still supportive when she makes a mistake that could ruin their relationship. Marta’s biggest issue is trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life. Before the accident she thought she had her whole life mapped out before her. Now she is so confused. What starts out as helping her mother at the dance studio, turns into so much more? Will this be what it takes for her to straighten out her life? When she meets the parent of one of her students she feels conflicted. Will she still stay with Steve, or will her life take her down a different path? At times I felt annoyed at her indecision. I think I felt that way because I am a person who has a difficult time making decisions. Once I’ve made the decision the commitment is there 110%. I know this is how Marta felt. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to those who love the world of dance or love to read about the world of dance. This book didn’t focus on Marta’s dance so much as her dance with life changes. An excellent book.
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jul 13, 2015 |

The Story Continues in When the Music Stops: Dance On

Martas life: Part Two. Marta struggles to regain her ability to dance. As she finds a job to support herself, her dance and her personal life takes several unexpected and harrowing turns. Will she be able to find a deeper well of strength to meet these new challenges head-on?

Eighteen year-old Marta Selbryth remained in Billings, Montana until she realized she'd need an extended recovery time before she'd be able to return to dancing. As the story begins, it's May, 1958 and Marta's returned to her family home in Bremerton, Washington. Her plan: work on her recovery and make decisions about her future as a dancer as well as her relationship with her boyfriend, Steve Mason.

It's true, it is hard to go home after being on your own, but Marta's mother welcomes her and lets her discover her own way forward. However, Marta feels displaced by her mom's special friend, Robert. Being alone and lonely, she wanders aimlessly through her days and nights. When she takes a job with the local community theatre, her energy returns. Her enthusiasm further reignites when her former ballet teacher, Miss Holland, invites Marta to teach at her dance studio.

Over the fall, winter and into spring, a series of unexpected events at the dance studio and in Marta's romantic relationships throw her life in chaos. She must rethink what and who she wants and needs in her life as well as how much she's willing to forfeit to achieve her goals. Read the first chapter...

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 12 Jul 2015 19:59:10 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Paddy Eger's book When the Music Stops was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,143,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible