Confessions of an Imaginary Friend: A Memoir…

Confessions of an Imaginary Friend: A Memoir by Jacques Papier

by Michelle Cuevas

An Endearing Tale of What it Means to Be

What a beautiful and exceedingly deep tale. What does it mean to be real? What can our imaginations free us to think and become? Who are we really? What is the essence of us?

This is certainly a story both young and old will enjoy... ( )
  L.R.W.Lee | Jul 26, 2016 |
A great Junior fiction story about identity and belonging that asks some quite big questions (who am I if no one sees me?, what is my purpose?) in an amusing and engaging way. Will highly recommend to schools as a senior primary reader. A totally lovely story. ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
This book was one of the most charming children's books I've read in a long time. The story opens with Jacques lamenting that no one likes him as he is rarely included in the goings-on around him. The reader discovers along with Jacques that he is not, in fact Fleur's twin brother but her imaginary friend. We are taken on a journey with Jacques as he becomes the imaginary friend to a succession of children, some offering better experiences than others - all are hilarious. This book would be an excellent "read-aloud" but be prepared to stop and offer explanations along the way. While Jacques is supposedly 8 years old, he speaks like a language professor. The vocabulary may prove challenging for younger readers but the story is well worth the effort! ( )
  knitwit2 | Apr 18, 2016 |
"When Jacques Papier discovers he's imaginary, he sets off on a journey to find his true home"-- Provided by publisher.
Might be good read for an older crowd ( )
  paula-childrenslib | Feb 5, 2016 |

The whimsical "autobiography" of an imaginary friend who doesn't know he's imaginary—perfect for fans of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and Toy Story

Jacques Papier has the sneaking suspicion that everyone except his sister Fleur hates him. Teachers ignore him when his hand is raised in class, he is never chosen for sports teams, and his parents often need to be reminded to set a place for him at the dinner table. But he is shocked when he finally learns the truth: He is Fleur's imaginary friend! When he convinces Fleur to set him free, he begins a surprising, touching, and always funny quest to find himself—to figure out who Jacques Papier truly is, and where he belongs.

Readers will fall in love with Jacques's sweet, quirky voice as he gives them a look at life from an incredible new perspective.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 19 Jul 2015 07:08:40 -0400)

Michelle Cuevas is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,380,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible