Violent Crimes: An Amanda Jaffe Novel…

Violent Crimes: An Amanda Jaffe Novel (Amanda Jaffe Series)

by Phillip Margolin

I enjoyed reading this suspense novel but on a scale of the most thrilling works, it is not. The plot is tight and the characters are well developed. The excitement was not there for me. It is a short work and quick to read. My thanks to the author and The Reading Room for a complimentary copy. ( )
  musichick52 | May 16, 2016 |
Violent Crimes (An Amanda Jaffe Novel)
By: Philip Margolin
Published By: Harper Collins
Copy Courtesy of Reading Room Early Review
Reviewed By: tk

Dale Masterson is a wealthy lawyer who’s firm represents coal and oil companies. Like some lawyers Dale has made a few enemies along the way including his estranged son Brandon. Dale’s wife Veronica arrives at home to find Brandon running across the lawn heading for his car. When she tries to talk to him, he refuses to stop and a good amount of blood is on his shirt catching her attention, Veronica knows that something is very wrong. Once she enters the house though nothing seems to be out of place. After putting her purchases away, she heads to Dale’s den only to find Dale dead….
Amanda Jaffe is called in to be Brandon’s attorney. He says he killed his father. She knows he’s lying, but now she has to prove it. Then who murdered Dale if Brandon isn’t quilty? Hopefully Amanda will find the killer before he finds her.

I have to be honest here. The plot was tight. The suspect list was long enough to be interesting. Yet for some reason I feel like the story fell a little short. I liked it, and found it did hold my attention long enough to finish. Or maybe my expectations were to high. Either way I wanted more. More twists and turns, more suspense, it was missing something. I just not sure what I was looking for.

It was a good story and I may read it again to see if I change my thoughts on it. If your looking for a somewhat simple who done it, this is for you. You may be able to guess the members involved, maybe not. It is worth the read and I hope you enjoy.

3.5/5 ( )
  doseofbella | Feb 22, 2016 |

Dale Masterson, senior partner in a large Portland, Oregon, law firm, has become wealthy and successful representing the interests of oil and coal companies. When his colleague, Christine Larson, is found dead, Masterson's business practices are put under surveillance and a lower-level employee stands accused. Then Dale is found beaten to death in his mansion. His son Brandon, a dedicated eco-warrior, confesses to killing his father on behalf of all the people whose lives are being destroyed by his father's questionable clients. When Amanda Jaffe is hired to represent Brandon, what seems like an open-and-shut case quickly begins to unravel.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,171,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible