Midnight Wrangler by Cat Johnson

Please note: I received a copy of Midnight Wrangler as an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!)

Rohn is a rancher who loves his work. He has three young men working for him who can’t seem to stop talking about sex and it’s making Rohn uncomfortable. He lost his wife five years ago and is thinking he’s ready to move on, but these guys are making him feel like an old man. He can’t seem to find the right woman and they’re making it hard on him. Bonnie, the one that got away, ends up back in town and they just happen to run into each other. Rohn plans to make it happen again and see if he can find out why she left all those years ago…

A charming and emotional second chance romance to keep you warm this winter! Yes, she had to go back to her hometown like a lot of second chance romances. No, there isn’t any comparison to those other stories beyond that. Midnight Wrangler will keep you feeling warm and fuzzy from beginning to end. Every single character will touch your heart and make you laugh continually. I know Ms. Johnson is a very popular author, but I’m ashamed to say this is the first chance I’ve had to read one of her books. Wow, I’m certainly thrilled I did! It was well written, light-hearted, comical, and intense at times too. The hero wouldn’t take no for an answer and made darn sure he got his happy ending. That’s my kind of hero! You won’t be able to keep me from coming back for more! I loved it! 5 Stars! ( )
  Bookshellz | Dec 1, 2015 |
Thank you SO much to Kensington Books – Zebra and NetGalley for the copy of this book to read and review.

Rohn and Bonnie, separated for 25 years, meet again when Bonnie returns to Oklahoma to deal with the home her father lived in and all of the negative memories that still linger. Rohn and Bonnie are just as intensely drawn to one another as they were the summer after they graduated from high school. The story is told with flashbacks to their relationship in 1990 interspersed with their current interactions in 2015. The couple is older but will they be wiser? Will they be able to communicate in ways they were unable to before? Will the big secret Bonnie has been keeping come out and if so how will it be received?

This is a novel with heart. I loved the three cowboys working for Rohn (Colton, Justin and Tyler) and look forward to finding out who each of them will end up with. I did not read book one in the series before reading this one but look forward to doing so and hope to read the rest of the series as it is published, too. ( )
  CathyGeha | Nov 7, 2015 |
This was a good book. It is the story of a widower who reconnects with his high school girlfriend. The secret she is hiding from him is pretty cliche, but I like the way the author handled it. The ranch hands are secondary characters who do not drag the story down and provide some funny moments. It is obviously part of a series but you can read it as a standalone. I am interested in reading the books about the other characters.

ARC received from Netgallery in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  karyheller | Oct 21, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,089,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible