Only for Us by Cristin Harber

The Verdict: Only for Us picks up immediately where Only for Her leaves off, so make sure you've read those first before spoiling everything by reading this review. But OMG, soooooooooooo good! Really, the only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because Cristin Harber keeps leaving me hanging.

After three years apart and a child Grayson never knew about, he and Emma are finally back together, but just because they've reconnected doesn't mean things are magically perfect. Emma's been raising Cally all by herself -- well, with some strong support from her family -- while working three jobs and cramming in classes at the local community college. As strong and independent as she's been, she's also wearing herself out, but she's not ready to give up control of her life, complicated and busy as it may be, for the man who essentially abandoned her. That's not to say they aren't trying to work toward a happily ever after, but she's also not naive enough to pin all her hopes and dreams on him without some careful thought -- especially since she has a daughter to take care of.

If Grayson and Emma are sweet together, he and Cally are a sugar rush you'll never recover from. Granted, we don't see a whole lot of Cally in this one; it's more about Gray and Emma figuring out how to grab onto that forever together that they always wanted. But seeing how wholeheartedly Gray owns up to his mistake in leaving, how desperately he wants to do absolutely anything necessary to take care of his girls... Well, it's the most heartwarming thing I've read in a long time. He's in an odd place, wanting to take some of the burden off Emma but having to be careful not to overstep. And he doesn't even know about one of her jobs yet. Well, I suppose, if the last few sentences are any indication, now he does.

And then, C L I F F H A N G E R . . .

And that's all I have to say about that.

***FicCentral received this book from Inkslinger PR for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |

Cristin Harber is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,319,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible