Flirting with Disaster by Ava Catori

Flirting with Disaster

by Ava Catori

322,001,085 (5)None

No tags.

Flirting with Disaster (Flirting with Curves)

by Ava Catori & Olivia Rigal

I really enjoyed reading this book and loved the characters.

You can run as fast and as far as you want, but one day you will turn around and your past will be staring you in the face. Barbara is just such a person. This story lets you follow her as she comes to terms with her past and finds a future she never thought she would have.

Ryder is a ladies man. Strong, sexy and loyal to his town. He didn't plan to fall in love with anyone for quite awhile, let alone a beautiful, curvy woman, who also happens to be the enemy.

This story tells describes a factory town and the people who live there really well.

*ARC given for an honest review* ( )
  mammy4423 | Jul 9, 2015 |
Finally! A book that I could really get into, and did! Unfortunately, I had been on a bit of a reading hiatus as I had gone through a few books that were more irritating to me as a reader rather than entertaining. Finally, a book that pulled me out of the hiatus. Therefore, I would like to personally thank the author(s) for writing this fantastic book. It has a little bit of everything in this book: transformation, loyalty, intimacy, misunderstanding, stereotyping, suspense, and family drama. I have read books in the past where the amount of topics were overwhelming in one book, however, they blend beautifully in this one. The main character, Barbara transformed from a practically invisible small-town nobody with an embarrassing drunk mother into a powerful, smart business woman (shout out to feminism-you go girl!) that is in town on business from New York City. The love interest in the book, Ryder, has been a playboy since high school who originally overlooked Barbara in high school but is now taking a job renovating her house. The very place that her drunk mother was let go from for her drunken episodes, Barbara has been sent to shut down. Something she has had to do in several towns as part of her job, but this time it gets personal. Not just for Barbara, but for Ryder, and someone else who demands to cause damage. In general, I don't particularly mind cursing. But for those readers who do, you should know that the foul language is rather minimal, only a time or two. There is a lot of steamy scenes in which those readers who are not comfortable with adult situations may want to be wary. Without giving any more away, I'll just wrap this up with it's a great summer read. There's romance, grilling out, suspense, a beach, and warm summer sun. I loved this book and highly recommend it to any reader looking for a fun, sizzling, beach read!
Please note: an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JanJanFreeman | Jul 9, 2015 |

Ava Catori is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,576,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible