Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days by G. Willow…

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days (2015)

by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona (Illustrator)

2722041,704 (4.14)23

I continue to love the character, but the guest spot in this one (Carol Danvers) felt pretty uninspired, and the artwork was scratchy as heck. Two episodes of the Amazing Spider-Man were also included, and the production values were so much higher: clean lines, readable scenes, discernable facial expressions. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Aug 8, 2017 |
This series continues to be a fun twist on the character plus we get an appearance from Carol Danvers. Win win! ( )
  JJbooklvr | Apr 10, 2017 |
I put off reading this because I was afraid it would be a terrible, confusing crossover tie-in, and I wanted a better memory of this run than that, but they have once again done the miraculous and made a crossover tie-in that was actually good even if you care less than nothing about the crossover event! This was all I could ask as an end of all things. ( )
  melannen | Jan 5, 2017 |
I needed something to cheer me up during my final semester at university and this did just that.

Dare I say this is my favourite volume in the series?

It tied together all the pop culture references and cheekiness of the previous novels, while touching on some serious themes and challenging stereotypes. I love the depiction of people in prayer and wearing hijabs and going about their daily lives because this is what will promote understanding and tolerance in a younger generation of readers.

Ms. Marvel is powerful role model -- we can't be what we don't see, and young girls and readers will see Ms. Marvel and relate to her and feel compassion for her and feel empathy for her.

Talking about this novel is so tricky because I have such an emotional connection to it. I love the art, I love the humour, I love the whimsy, but perhaps most of all, I love Kamala Khan. ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |
A pretty nice ending for the pre-Secret Wars run. ( )
  RJ_Bailey | Jul 25, 2016 |

Wilson, G. Willowprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alphona, AdrianIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Anka, KrisCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Three weeks, two days, and seventeen hours. That's how long I've successfully not called, texted, or emailed Kamran.
Contains Ms. Marvel issues #16–19, paperback

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785197362, Paperback)

When the world is about to end, do you still keep fi ghting? From the moment, Kamala put on her costume, she's been challenged, but nothing has prepared her for this: the Last Days of the Marvel Universe. Fists up, let's do this, Jersey City. Plus a VERY special guest appearance fans have been clamoring for!

COLLECTING: MS. MARVEL 16-19, MATERIAL FROM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 7-8

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 09 Jul 2015 02:00:20 -0400)

G. Willow Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,054,327 books! | Top bar: Always visible