We Want Real Food by Graham Harvey

We Want Real Food

by Graham Harvey

I have to be in the mood to read such books because they frustrate me, but I do want to educate myself about the quality of nutrition and affects manufactured foods have on our bodies.
  Sundownr | Jan 10, 2011 |
While some of it might be a little off the mark, most of this book makes a lot of sense. There are a number of writers pointing out at the moment that our food nowadays isn't as nutritious as it was a century ago, or even 20 years ago. Intensive farming and a dependence on chemical assistance is doing damage to the land and it's the land that's important.

It's something that is going to become more and more important as a topic over the next few years, in my mind. I'm slowly starting to worry about my food and the effects it has on my health. This is an interesting pointer at some of the ways big business has harmed what should be a process they assist not control. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jun 9, 2008 |

Harvey illustrates how our industrial farming techniques are denuding the soil of the essential nutrients, minerals and structures needed to produce quality produce. This book is the next stage in the debate about the food we eat, and how a simple solution can improve the nation's health and environment.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,571,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible