Everything I Left Unsaid: A Novel by M.…

Everything I Left Unsaid: A Novel

by M. O'Keefe

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me.

And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time.

His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both. ( )
  treehousereader | Jun 23, 2016 |
Raw, riveting, and intensely erotic. Well done, Molly! ( )
  LilithDarville | Dec 29, 2015 |
4.5 "Breaking Inhibitions" Stars! Molly O'Keefe can do no wrong. Completely different from her other reads, and yet equally compelling and enjoyable, Everything I Left Unsaid is sure to take you on a roller coaster of emotions. I am hooked, Ms. O'Keefe has won a place on my "must read" authors! But be forewarned, this hearty romantic suspense filled book, which is sure to keep you guessing, ends in a huge cliffhanger, so you will need to keep guessing until you read The Truth About Him, which is releasing in November.

Annie has always been the good girl. She went straight from following her mother's draconian commands to following her husband's. Being a naive girl who grew up on a remote farm and lived a very sheltered life, she never could have imagined that her husband would only use and abuse her. Barely escaping with her life, she decides life on the run anywhere, has to be a better existence than the fake illusion of one that she has been barely surviving.

That is how Annie finds herself at the Flowered Manor Trailer Park, which is anything but a flowered paradise. Whatever, anything has to be better than the illusion of an oasis where she has come from. Determined to experience life for the first time, her determination is strengthened by an unlikely source: the deep masculine and erotic voice of a man at the other end of an abandoned cell phone.

The lure is instantaneous. His commands are, for the first time in her life, dominant and yet strangely empowering. Listening to this stranger, she will try things she never even imagined and feel pleasures that her body has never experienced before. But just who is this mysterious man who calls himself Dylan, and makes her feel protected, while raising her suspicions all the same?

Has she run this far just to be ensnared in the hands of another dangerous man? Moreover, Annie can't risk ever being found. Just what future can possibly await notwithstanding the enigmatic passion that Dylan has sparked in her once empty heart? Is peril inevitable or can danger sometimes lead to salvation?

Wow, simply wow! I am a total fan of unique romances. The twistier the better, and Ms. O'Keefe has definitely sparked my curiosity. Never mind that this book has some seriously scorching scenes! I can't wait to find out what path this story takes in The Truth About Him!

Source: Review copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  B.J.O. | Oct 17, 2015 |
Everything I Left Unsaid by M. O'Keefe is a 2015 Random House publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sometimes it simply comes down to this: READ THIS BOOK! I promise you will find it absorbing, scorching hot, relentless, and suspenseful, and will leave you gasping, breathlessly wanting more.

Annie is one of those truly inspiring characters, a woman who has never been off the family farm in Oklahoma, knows very little about the world at large, but she has a survivor's instinct that screams into her ears, telling her to get the H out Dodge before it's too late… so she leaves her abusive husband, still bearing the marks of his hands around her bruised neck. She winds up in a trailer park filled with other kindred spirits who have graduated from the same school of hard knocks as Annie.

Once she steps inside her trailer, the oddest thing happens… a cell phone stuffed between some cushions starts to ring... Should she answer it?

A phone call will change Annie's life, and open up a whole new world of sensations, giving her a taste of real pleasure, and a renewed outlook on life. From the first moment she hears his voice, she leaves behind “Annie's” bleak surroundings, transforms into her new alter ego- “Layla”, and steps into Dylan's exotic, titillating, and exciting world.

Dylan has been paying people to watch over an elderly resident of the trailer park, but apparently, his last employee has left without notice, leaving his cell phone behind. When Layla answers the phone, something about her voice, her bad jokes, and tone of innocence, intrigues Dylan, and the two strike up a most unusual relationship, one that builds a odd sort of trust, a sense of safety, and sends “Layla” on an amazing journey of sexual and self- discovery.

Told from Annie's first person perspective, her vulnerability and innocence jump off the pages, making me worry about her constantly. She has been sheltered, raised by an unstable mother, going straight into an abusive marriage. She has never been on her own before, and is now surrounded by some characters that made me a little nervous, unsure of whom to trust.

Dylan gives us a third person perspective, and while he is also struggling with some major emotional issues from his past, he exudes a powerful presence, one that made me feel like Annie/Layla would be safe with him. But, there are some boulder size obstacles the couple will face. Still, despite all that, Annie's journey is incredible, and I was so proud of her and the courage she shows by taking charge of her life.

This is a spell bounding story, very unique, with some big and interesting curves thrown in that kept me sitting on the edge of my seat.

The one huge bummer is that there is a cliffhanger and it's a whale of one. UGH!! BUT… the author was quite upfront with that and assures us the wait will not be long for the next chapter of the story. So, in the meantime, I'll be sitting on pins and needles, impatiently counting the days until I can hear Dylan's voice again. *Sigh* ( )
  gpangel | Oct 15, 2015 |
This was my first book by this author and I must say she has a new fan in me. In the beginning I wasn't sure if the whole "stranger on the phone" thing would be worthwhile or not. I imagined it could go wrong very easily and turn out to be a cheesy phone sex thing. But that was not the case at all. The story was interesting and deep, yet at the same time it was sexy and exciting. I think the author is a very talented storyteller, and the writing was flawless as well. Every single character had a purpose and the way they all tied together in the end surprised me.

The story between Annie and Dylan was one surrounded by pain and darkness. They both had secrets and felt the need to protect each other -Annie by lying and pretending to be someone else, and Dylan by not revealing anything and following his own set of rules. Because of this, it took them a long time to overcome their fears. I understand that their whole story could not be wrapped up in just one book and I'm looking forward to reading the rest. With that being said, the ending of this book left a bad taste in my mouth. Towards the end, I saw it coming but that didn't make it any easier. I am not a fan of cliffhangers and for that matter, I don't know anyone who is. I think the first book in a series can end on a satisfactory note and readers who liked it will still want to continue. Anyway, like I said I am looking forward to the next book but not because we were left hanging at the worst possible moment but because overall it was a fantastic book.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  SpellboundRDR | Jul 25, 2015 |

"When Annie McKay hears a mysterious phone ringing in the trailer she just moved into, the last thing she expected was to be tempted--awakened--by the low, deep voice on the other end. The stranger was was looking for someone else. Instead he found her. And she's unable to resist. Fleeing a dangerous marriage--alone, on the run, and with her husband looking for her--Annie is reluctant to trust anyone. But the stranger on the other end of the line somehow makes her feel safe and alive in a hot, secret world of their own creation. And Annie can tell he wants to help her. Maybe it's the thrill, maybe it's the promise, maybe it's him. She doesn't know anything about the man--except that he's seducing her and she's falling under his spell. But one thing is certain: if Annie lets him get any closer, she won't be able to hide anymore. And that's the most dangerous thing of all"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible