The Origin of the Wind by C.S. Anderson

by C.S. Anderson

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byChandra-of-Red

No tags.

SENSUALITY RATING: No sensuality. Keep in mind that this book is written though the eyes of a 12 year old. Do not expect content on an adult level.

GENRE: WWII

SETTING: Dutch Harbor, Alaska, 1942

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: Anna

SYNOPSIS: During WWII Anna and her family were relocated to a camp for Japanese people. They were Aleut living in Alaska. The camp was an old cannery, filthy and broken down, very little food, illness and a broken American human spirit. This is a story that must be read and must be told. Our American history does not give the details of the plight of many Americans during WWII. ( )
  Chandra-of-Red | Jul 11, 2015 |
Heritage night, it was so boring!  Just a bunch of old people talking about how their ancestors had lived like a bigillion years ago and about what mighty seal, bear and whale hunters they had been way back when Alaska had been a mostly untouched wilderness.
I will make you a deal, read it and write a report on it for me and I will buy you a new video game.
Her mom was always telling her to take pride in her heritage.  The Aleut people.
Dad, he was out on a four-month contract on a fishing boat
As they flew together through the night sky the woman came to realize that the man was none other than Igaluk, the Great Moon Spirit.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,345,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible