Quarter Mile Hearts (An American Muscle…

Quarter Mile Hearts (An American Muscle Novel Book 1)

by Jenny Siegel

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review, this does not influence my review in any shape or form. NOTE: This review should have been up Monday but my internet was giving me issues. Sorry for the delay.

To be honest the title is what really drew me into wanting to read Quarter Mile Hearts. I am a huge Fast and the Furious fan and the term Quarter Mile definitely had me thinking of Fast and the Furious. I have never read a book with racers and after finishing up Quarter Mile Hearts I can honestly say this won’t be the last.

If Jenny Siegel plans on continuing the series, I plan on reading on it.

Our story
Quarter Mile Hearts is fast paced, sexy and oh did I mention hot racers? This book is enjoyable even if you don’t anything about the racing world.

Jenny gives you a bit of background so if you don’t know anything about cars you’ll understand the book which is really awesome.

The story is told in Leigh’s point of view but I would have definitely loved to have read Max’s point of view because I would have liked to see how he was feeling and thinking. It would’ve made the story so much more for me.

I also loved the message that is being made throughout the story, the importance of taking a risk. We’re all scared of something and it is important not to let that stop us because we probably are missing out something amazing. Like love.

Our Characters
Leigh was tough. I loved that she wasn’t your typical weak girl the girl could handle her own. She didn’t really need anyone because she always stood on her own two feet. I loved seeing her go from this rough around the edges to a sweet loving character. I thought she grew from the first page to last.

Max sometimes would frustrate me because I wasn’t sure what he wanted but then I really fell for him. I did feel like there was so much left unknown about Max that I hope we do get a book from his perspective. He’s definitely romantic and seriously an amazing guy.

The Romance
The sexual tension between Leigh and Max makes you want throw a bucket of water on them just to cool them down a bit.

I personally loved the way they would make each other angry, tease each other and challenge each other. For me it was a realistic relationship and I really loved Max and Leigh as a couple.

Max is totally swoonworthy and he isn’t your typical jerk that is so common in books now at days that you end up rolling your eyes. He is truly different. When it comes to proving he’s different he seriously is.

Overall,
I personally enjoyed this book and if this is a series I plan on continuing it. It was different, it was fun and sexy. It had it’s moments where your heart would stop for a couple seconds because I was so nervous about the events going on. I was drawn to the story from the beginning to end. Even if you know nothing about cars, you will love this. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |
Loved this book. A must read for those who like the Driven series. ( )
  seyebrows | Dec 30, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,453,971 books! | Top bar: Always visible