Rex Tanner: And the Sword of Damocles by…

Rex Tanner: And the Sword of Damocles

by Olufemi S. Sowemimo

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byDabOfDarkness

No tags.

Rex Tanner is a race car driver, an American spy, a dude with an embedded gadget that gives him special abilities, and sometimes the hero. After saving the scientist Penelope Mulgrew, the two have a new mission. The 1935 Olympics draw nigh and something is stealing muscle strength from American athletes, leaving them depleted sad things. Plenty of shenanigans ensue as these two attempt to get to the bottom of this and save the Olympics for the Americans.

First, this book was a lot of fun. I quite enjoyed it. Rex is a fun hero to follow around. He has a bit of an ego and says some funny outrageous things. Penelope is a good foil for him, having to point out sexist remarks or such. It’s all done quite well with plenty of humor and action. In fact, this book reminded me of the TV cartoon series Archer (though Archer has more adult humor).

there’s plenty of gadgets and fun tech that makes me think of the older James Bond movies. Rex’s Omnidial, which is embedded in his flesh, is a source of usefulness and sometimes amusement. He doesn’t know what all the settings do and of course, Penelope, our scientist, wants to find out. Not all settings are conducive to all circumstances! Haha!

The bad guys are also interesting and they come in several flavors. Some are all-around jerks, others have their own agendas. Rex’s older brother shows up and there ensues sibling rivalry and male competition. The ladies play key roles on both side of the fence too. All around, this was an enjoyable tale fit for family fun. I am hoping for a sequel!

I received this audiobook from Audiblescripts (via the Audiobook Blast Newsletter) at no cost in exchange for an honest review.

The Narration: The sound effects, music, and narration for this book are all top notch. I enjoyed the full cast, especially those folks who had to pull off accents. Rex’s cocky voice was also excellent. The sound effects and music never drowned out the dialogue, and always added to the scenes. ( )
  DabOfDarkness | Jul 11, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,240,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible