Accepted by Coleen Lahr

by Coleen Lahr

222,551,640 (3)None
Recently added byJeracaFite, GenGenBookBlog

No tags.

I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Hmm. This was an interesting novel. On the one hand I liked it. Going off to college and starting over, making new friends. Especially for Ashley who has never had a home before, no one to love her and be happy to see her.

But on the other hand, Ashley is so insecure and wants to be loved that she denies herself the simplest things. She overthinks things and wants to belong that she sacrifices her own happiness. And honestly, Randi is not the best person to have a friend anyway. There are a lot more fishes in the sea; Randi is not the high priority person to be seen with.

So I liked it, but Ashley was extremely annoying for the most part and I wanted to slap her across the face. That being said, it was a decent novel and I'm glad I read it. ( )
  JeracaFite | Jul 11, 2015 |
Accepted is a very sweet and compelling story. I enjoyed reading it a lot and it was emotional to read. Reading about Ashley’s life, how she doesn’t have a family to care for her, how she’s all alone in the world, calling her dorm room her “home”, that was so sad to me. I wanted to dive inside the story and hug her.

I also wanted to slap her because she was using Randi as an excuse to not get close to Colin. Randi is Ashley’s friend and Randi likes Colin a lot so Ashley doesn’t want to ruin their friendship. This matter made the book have a high school feel to it instead of a college feel. In college, people could care less what you do, who you like so I was upset by this drama BUT it mostly happened at the beginning of the story so it didn’t ruin the story for me.

I loved reading about Colin and Ashley’s hang outs. I wanted more of them because I was really enjoying the activities they would do or simply hanging out with each other. I loved how understanding Colin could be with Ashley and how he was always making her feel better and making her feel wanted.

I would have wanted more interaction between Ashley and Becca. Ashley kept saying that Becca was her best friend and Becca was always there for her but the reader doesn’t get much insight in that area and I would have loved to read about it. All in all, it’s a great story that I love and recommend to others :) ( )
  GenGenBookBlog | Dec 25, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,935,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible