City of Twilight: Rise of the Hunter (The…

City of Twilight: Rise of the Hunter (The Vanguard Chronicles Book 1)

by Donald Stephenson III

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byMugenHere

No tags.

A really fast paced thriller. I liked how something was always being developed in the plot. you constantly keep finding out new things about the characters and the characters keep making progress in their own ways.

Another thing that I liked was how the main character develops. we see and feel everything from his perspective and as he realizes something it feels like an aha moment to the reader.

The way the story is written especially in the first half makes you feel like you're there in the character's world living with him.

My only complaint was that on the second half I expected the story to have less points opening up and just simple action going on. The character build up was a little too much in the second half as we have already learnt many things about all characters and would just like the story to keep moving naturally to a conclusion from there. Not have more plots getting added.

Nevertheless, this was a great read. especially the first half of the book was a feverish read. It's a sci-fi, thriller. It feels like a Marvel movie.

Might pick it up again someday again to understand it better, depending on my time. I'm sure a second reading will reveal more areas that I missed. ( )
  MugenHere | Jul 12, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,664,790 books! | Top bar: Always visible