Invasion by Sean Platt

Invasion is the story of 1 family's journey to their safe house when an alien invasion is imminent.

Meyer Dempsey has made his millions in the movie industry. He has been prepping for an unknown disaster for years. Even going so far as to build a self contained underground bunker, and stock it with enough supplies to last for at least 10 years. When he hears that alien ships are approaching earth, he gets his family together. They need to get from New York to Colorado before the aliens make it to earth.

The book has very little to do with the invasion. It is mostly about the journey and difficulties they encounter.

I really enjoyed Invasion. Mr. Truant and Mr. Platt are excellent storytellers. It is a gripping tale. The characters are well developed and multi faceted. A couple of the characters ( Piper and Raj: for example) even grow and change within the short time period that the tale takes place.
I personally liked the way this book ended.

I have already begun Book 2 in the series - Contact. I can not wait to find out where Meyer, Piper, Heather, Raj, Trevor and Lila end up and what is coming their way. ( )
  pamkaye | Apr 15, 2017 |
I read a lot of this genre, and found this one somewhat new and refreshing. It is less about the overall downfall of society when the world changes, and mostly about the individuals in Meyer Dempsey's family. Meyer is rich, regularly cheats on his young wife with the brash ex-wife, and is driven to build a bunker in Vail, Colorado. As alien ships approach Earth, everyone seems compelled to drive to somewhere . . . safety? Of course there isn't much of anywhere to go that IS safe, but Meyer manages to drive his family to the bunker. He has a young wife with more grit than people realized, a teenage son who is obsessed with the step-mother, a teenage daughter who is pregnant, her whiny boyfriend who comes along, and of course the first wife has arrived at the bunker as well.

Meyer had been having visions that he now begins to understand had a specific purpose. Others begin having dreams as well. The world outside is full of crazy people..... and the story continues. ( )
  lynetterl | Sep 8, 2015 |
I would have rated it 4.5 stars except for the authors' preoccupation with parentheses. There are so many interruptions to the text with, I guess, internal thoughts, enclosed in parentheses (you know what I mean) that I found it distracting. A great shame for an otherwise well written and enjoyable story. ( )
  AussiePenMan | Jun 5, 2015 |
Alien Invasion: Invasion (Book 1) is what science-fiction should be! Tense building action and a cliffhanger ending that makes the reader want more. And both Sean Platt and Johnny B Truant do not fail their readers.

When Meyer Dempsey undertakes to get his family out of New York City and to the underground bunker he's been fanatically building and stocking in Vail, Colorado he runs into roadblocks that would stymie a lesser man. But Meyer has been preparing for this day for years thanks to his visions while under the mind-enhancing drug of a shaman. His family tolerates his obsession with 'something's coming but I don't know what'. But when a futuristic app locates an armada of metal spheres just this side of Jupiter and authorities give earthlings only five days until these visitors arrive at our doors Meyer Dempsey goes into warp-drive. But the problems he faces in getting his family to Vail are only part of the problem. There seems to be something more, just outside Meyer's cognition. The final twist will amaze you - but maybe not if you are fans of Platt & Truant.

I admit I read the entire book in two nights and have already pre-ordered books 2 and 3. Fast paced action, realistic situations, and definitely complex characters all combined to leave this reader wanting more. ( )
  AuthorMarion | May 29, 2015 |

Platt, Seanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Truant, Johnny B.main authorall editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible