A Fistful of Fire: An Urban Fantasy Novel…

A Fistful of Fire: An Urban Fantasy Novel (Madison Fox, Illuminant…

by Rebecca Chastain

A Fistful of Fire (Madison Fox, Illuminant Enforcer #2) by Rebecca Chastain is sooo good! I absolutely loved this book!!! I loved the first one but this one even topped that. She is an enforcer, she battles evil no one can see. Of course she didn't know she had this power until like a month ago! Now she has a whole region to defend and there is a lot of baddies out there. It is funny, action packed, full of great fantasy, touch of crazy romance, and silly lust factors, and just a great read. When is the next book,..... need now.....ugh! Was given this book by the author, I had all her others, and boy am I thankful, I am not obligated to leave a review but I am not going to hold all this in!! I would POP! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Mar 3, 2017 |
After much, much begging, I finally convinced my mom to renew our KindleUnlimited so that I could read A Fistful of Fire, I couldn't even wait 1.4 days for the author to reply to my email (she was VERY nice, that's important, ya know?).

I would be lying if I said that I haven't been stalling with this review. If I write it, it means that I really haven't the next book..that it's time to move on to the next requested book and try to pull myself out of Madison's world..And that's just not something I'm quite ready to do. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF HER DATE FAILS! Ugh, the book was over 400 pages long, but it just wasn't enough! I need more Madison and Niko! Whyyyyyyyyy?! *slowly slides onto floor and dies*

Okay, now that I'm almost done crying/dying, let's get down to business..; A Fistful of Fire started off nearly just where A Fistful of Evil left off....
You can find the rest of this review (along with many more) on the CommonBookSense blog!
http://commonbooksense.blogspot.com/2016/03/BookReviewAFistfulofFire.html ( )
  CommonBookSense | Mar 19, 2016 |
It’s Week Two of Madison Fox’s new job, and it’s even more crazy than the first! But at least she gets to go on her date.

The first Madison Fox book, A Fistful of Evil, is really, really good. I had the privilege of reviewing it earlier this year. However, A Fistful of Fire, Madison Fox Book 2, is even better.

Fire throws out twists, turns, plots, and schemes that make your head spin. There’s quite a lot of action in this book, as well. Plus we get to meet several new creatures: citos, salamanders, prajurits, and a pooka — an intelligent, shape changing creature made of equal parts light and dark energy.

I think Madison is a lot of fun because she is not Superwoman, she doesn’t know everything, and she doesn’t take herself too seriously. I really enjoy the humor in these novels.

Madison Fox is one of the top awesome new series I’ve discovered in 2015. Sadly, it seems like it will be another year before Book 3 is released, but from what I’ve seen so far, it will be worth the wait.

Purchased. Review courtesy of onebooktwo.com | one book, two reviews. ( )
  InvestedIvana | Dec 18, 2015 |
I enjoyed book one, A FISTFUL OF EVIL, but I think A FISTFUL OF FIRE is my favorite of the two and I love when a series gets better as it grows.

Madison is still new at being an illuminate enforcer and has a lot to learn, but she is growing into the position and kicking supernatural butt. I will admit that her penchant for doing stupid things gets a little bit frustrating. There were many points throughout the book that I was yelling at her to turn around, call for backup or just listen to him and don't do it. She DOES however end up coming out at the top so I can't complain about it too much. Madison is forced to work in a different region in A FISTFUL OF FIRE and things definitely get interesting for her.

I enjoyed meeting some new characters in A FISTFUL OF EVIL. Some I really liked, some I didn't like and some I think have potential. There really isn't any romance in A FISTFUL OF FIRE and that is perfectly ok with it being an Urban Fantasy and all, BUT it was crazy frustrating that Madison had to keep postponing her date with Dr. Love. Her job is important, but I just wanted it to happen already. And what is up with Nikos? I get romantic vibes off of him, but I just can't tell what he is thinking most of the time or if Madison would be into a relationship with him. I guess only time will tell.

A FISTFUL OF FIRE was full of action and a lot of interesting circumstances. With Madison involved many things don't go how they're supposed to, but it was fun watching her in action. There is still a lot left to be done in this series and I look forward to the ride.

* This book was provided free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Oct 11, 2015 |

Rebecca Chastain is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible