Yummy Addictions: Book One of the Yummy…

Yummy Addictions: Book One of the Yummy Trilogy (Volume 1)

by Belle Davis

Well, well, well... First part of the book was a big tease, I’ll say that! A very well built tease! I enjoyed every part of it, my only regret being I did not have the chance to know Jason better.

The story centers on Valentina’s post marriage life, after her divorce, trying to taste the life her husband denied and to regain her self-esteem. As an employer of a travel agency, she flies on a week trip to Paris where she intends to have a one night stand or at least to enjoy herself in the company of a handsome man. While on her way to the French city, she meets Jason, a man she got to know on a girls night out some years ago. The fire reignites between them and they promise to see each other back in Miami, given their current different destinations: she to Paris and he to Barcelona.

I can tell you that at this point I had some mixed feelings. While Vale describes some of the places she visits in Paris, I’m (and she as well) still thinking on the guy from the plane. I will not get into details on what happens next, as I don’t want to spoil the fun.

The writing is very easy, with funny parts and the combination between a tourist view of Paris and Vale and Jason’s relationship make indeed a Yummy combination. The descriptive paragraphs are never boring, not even for a reader who’s been there.

Coming back to our love story and protagonists, Vale is a woman still discovering her sexual potential. After ending a marriage with a man who only succeeded in shattering her self-confidence, she now wants to check out what she’s missed all these years she was stuck next to her husband. Jason is a complete mystery in this first book. Two things are quite obvious: he is more than interested in continuing his relation with Vale and he can afford to spend money for and with her. He is more than determined to convince her to spend more than a few days with him, has a strong character and a mysterious past.

I expect the next book to be more about him so until I get to open it, I’ll start making some scenarios. More about the book and characters you can check on my blog as well. (www.lillysbookworld.wordpress.com) ( )
  lilly_charysma | Feb 22, 2016 |
I received the ARC of this book from netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.

The book hooked me quite quickly. I had a very relaxing (and hot!) time.
It was my first time reading this author But I know I will definitely be reading the next books of this series and the other books of her. I loved the angst . I loved the characters ! I like how Vale was very insecure of her body since she considered it too curvy but that Jason embraced all her curves and loved them.
The only thing I didn't like was that there wasn't enough info about Jason.I'll start reading the second one shortly.
I would definitely recommend this one!

Happy Reading! ( )
  lowekel | Feb 1, 2016 |
Valentina, recently divorced and on a trip to Paris for work, meets up with a former acquaintance. He’s a very handsome man who revs her libido, unlike her ex-husband. When they meet up later in Paris, Valentina is only out for a good time, certainly not a new relationship. When they can’t seem to get enough of each other, they each wonder how they’ll every be able to stop.

Hot, hot, hot about sums up Yummy Addictions! This one sizzles and sparks from start…to part 2. This is a serial romance so you will be left temporarily hanging. I did think the hero and heroine were a little bit speedy getting together (even though they did previously, briefly know each other). Their instant chemistry was palpable, erotic and fast moving. It was, however, very sexy and gave my temperature a little boost as I continued reading. There are a few mysterious things that were left to my imagination until they’re apparently clarified in the continuation of this series. That can keep you wanting more or it can be a bit bothersome, depending on the type of reader you are. Overall, Yummy Addictions has plenty of spine-tingling, erotic sex that keeps you on the edge of your seat and glued to every page. I will be moving on to Yummy Temptations, book two in this series, hoping to get my yummy fix! 4 Stars! ( )
  Bookshellz | Jan 28, 2016 |
Fans of both Twilight and Fifty will like this fan fiction. I appreciated the figurative language and overall writing style, as it is intelligent yet unassuming. I loved traveling throughout Paris with both Vale and Jason. The change in scenery was refreshing, and the make-up shade references to Vale's blushing was humorous!
However, there were some discrepancies and holes within the plot that made me pause and rewind, but left me asking "wait, what? When did we find that out?" And we hadn't.. This occurs in many places throughout the book, with some details thrown in willy-nilly that are based on assumptions the reader just didn't have a connection with.
In all, I like the light tone of the story, but it also feels rushed, then just drops you off a cliff and leaves you hanging. I liked Vale and Jason for the most part, and am interested to know what his real story is, but there was a whole book here where that could have happened and it didn't, so I'm not sure I'll be going back for more.
*I received an arc for an honest review ( )
  KimMcReads | Jan 24, 2016 |
The cover was the first to catch my interest with this book and the blurb the second, it sounded pretty hot, might be a fun read for a dreary afternoon. I was right!
Valentina Zamora has decided she needs a vacation and may be have some fun again with the opposite sex, after her terrible marriage and divorce to a man who slowly took all her confidence and belittled her. Paris is her choice. While waiting for her flight she sees the amazingly, sexy, hunk Jason, and her girly bits come awake for the first time in ages. Of cause they meet and things get pretty hot when they get together.
The story is good, it's fun, very hot and steamy and I just loved Jason, the descriptions of him at the beginning of the book were amazing.
The cliffhanger surprised me though, I really have to know what happens so book #2 is on my TBR list. ( )
  JulieD2 | Oct 15, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,745,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible