Are We There, Yeti? by Ashlyn Anstee

Are We There, Yeti?

by Ashlyn Anstee

This book was about going on long field trip. The kids are excited for their surprise destination. Yeti, their bus driver, didn't tell them how long it would take to get there, though. They kept asking if they were there yet as they passed up fun parks. The kids grew impatient. They were bored, hungry, thirsty, and needed to go to the bathroom. Finally, they arrived and they had a lot of fun. It was worth the wait. Throughout the story, the students were getting grumpy, but at the end of the story, they didn't want to leave or go back home. ( )
  jherrera | Sep 8, 2017 |
This is a very simple book in my opinion. Great for children who are easily distracted by bright images and illustrations. It is a cute book for young readers. ( )
  SamanthaPollak | Feb 6, 2017 |
I had mixed feelings about this story. I loved the illustrations so much but the plot and the writing didn't really appeal to me. The illustrations were amazing because they told the story. The writing gave very little information but the entire story was shown through the intense, detailed illustrations. As everybody is traveling with their Yeti bus driver, no words are written except "Are we there, Yeti?" but the entire trip is shown through illustrations. I especially liked seeing them on the beach and on the farm. As much as I enjoyed the illustrations, I did not like the plot that they told. The plot was just a group of children on a bus trip with a Yeti as a bus driver and since there were no details in the story it was a little bit boring. The illustrations were the only thing that made the plot any better. Since the writing was so simple and there was barely anything written, it just didn't appeal. Almost every other page said "Are we there, Yeti?" and then the page that followed said "Not yet." These 2 lines were repeated a little bit too much. The main idea of the story was that patience is crucial on trips and that a long wait is sometimes worth it. ( )
  CasieProdoehl | Oct 13, 2015 |

"When Yeti, the school bus driver, takes the class on a surprise trip, everyone wants to know: 'Are we there, Yeti?'"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,228 books! | Top bar: Always visible