Sasquatch by Andrea Schicke Hirsch
92950,433 (3)None

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher for free in exchange for an honest review. Where on earth do I start? I really enjoyed reading this book and actually took my time with it because I wanted it to last. If I had been a teenager I would have been reading this more than once. I love anything to do with Sasquatch and the author did an absolutely wonderful job of blending typical teenagers with a legend.
After their his parents break up, Jake finds himself living with his father in a small town in a house surrounded by woods that happen to be home to a family of sasquatch. Jake starts off by wanting to cash in on the potential cash grab but then finds himself trying to protect the sasquatch with the help of a group of friends. This was such a fun read and I would definitely recommend it to the YA crowd. I wanted to read it for two reasons. One is that as I said, I love anything to do with sasquatch, and secondly, my daughter is now reading YA novels and I like to be able to recommend some of them to her. I will definitely be recommending this book to her. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book. ( )
  Veronica.Sparrow | Nov 15, 2015 |
  Veronica.Sparrow | Nov 15, 2015 |

Following his parents' ugly divorce, Jake Oliver chooses to move with his father to a remote corner of Connecticut. It is bad enough that their new home turns out to be a fenced-in dump in the middle of nowhere, but it seems that the previous owner, his dad's late Uncle Horace, had been the local crackpot ridiculed by the community for his belief that a Bigfoot roamed the vast woodland preserve that lay beyond the property. Not everything about Jake's new life is bad, though. His job at the local market is okay, and it doesn't hurt that his coworker is pretty Nell Davis. But when odd things start to happen, like weird calls in the dead of night, stones thrown by an unseen assailant, and lingering foul odors wafting on the breeze, Jake starts to believe that maybe old Horace wasn't so crazy after all. With Nell's help, Jake is determined to make a name for himself by proving to the world that the mythical Sasquatch is alive and well and living in the woods just on the other side of that fence.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,799,211 books! | Top bar: Always visible