The Jolley-Rogers and the Cave of Doom by…

The Jolley-Rogers and the Cave of Doom

by Jonny Duddle

Thank you to the publisher/author for a ARC in return for a honest review.

The Jolley-Rogers and the Cave of Doom by Jon Duddle is a children's book about the Jolley-Rogers family, a family of Pirates that decide to spend a day at the beach. The father decides to use his metal detector to search for gold (because it's easier ₩ and gets led into a cave while following his signal. While his family follows 3 witches/sea hags put a spell on the family and freeze them. Meanwhile a note is given to the family dog to take to the families pen pal, Matilda, who lives in town and is not a pirate, in case they don't make it out of the cave.
Matilda recieves the note and searches for the family, finds the cave,and the witches. She realises the witches love for pirate gear and gets them to go into town,sell the gold and get on the internet and get pirate gear, in return for lifting the spell on the family.
Of course you can't trust a witch and they double cross her, making her their maid.
Matilda ends up saving the day with the help of a shrunken Jim, the Jolley-Rogers son.
This was #2 in the series and I look forward to getting #1 for my son, as he loved this book. And I enjoyed it myself. ( )
  justinb1976 | Jun 21, 2016 |
OK, so I didn't ACTUALLY read the book.
And it was a dirty trick to send it to me just in time for James' visit, because now I find myself buying and sending other books in the series to him 3 states away.
I asked this reading addict who just finished 4th grade to read and help me to review while he and his family were staying a weekend here at Grandma's while in town for a family party.
He kept poking me and updating on the fun!
Boiled down, he loved the people, dog, and cat, and was really excited by the adventures. See publisher's blurb for hints, no spoilers here.
When leaving, he begged to take it with him; then we went online and ordered more books by this author to be sent to his house with his name on the package.
Won this advance copy from the publisher to read and review courtesy of The Reading Room. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jun 18, 2016 |
Awesome second book in the series!! Love the funny adventures and can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  Mikelodeon | Sep 7, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,939,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible