The Catcher in the Rye Enigma: J.D.…

The Catcher in the Rye Enigma: J.D. Salinger's Mind Control Triggering…

by James Morcan

The Catcher in the Rye Enigma: J.D. Salinger's Mind Control Triggering Device or a Coincidental Literary Obsession of Criminals? BY James Morcan

This is the fourth installment of the underground knowledge series. It takes a look at the popular book; The catcher in the Rye By J.D. Salinger. The Authors have done extensive research and have found that some of Americas most notorious assassins/killers were found reading/or had read and quoted some passages of the book.

They also dig deep and show some possible mind control elements (possibly) in the book (The Catcher in the Rye). They explain this theory and also go a bit into the background of the famous Author (J.D. Salinger).

I found this read very thought provoking, interesting and a bit frightening. It did leave me wondering. The theories do seem plausible, I have read before of "mind control" tactics used during WWII. So the questions still remain did the book have a negative affect on some (possibly) mentally unstable men who became assassins?

Overall this is a fascinating read, which has left an impression in my mind. It makes me wonder what goes on in society that we just do not hear about on the news etc. I recommend to those who love a great read, with the possibility of mind control/conspiracy theories. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
You might have heard the story: Mark David Chapman (John Lennon’s killer) was obsessed with The Catcher in the Rye. Just after he’d shot Lennon, he stood there calmly reading the novel. Then you have John W. Hinckley Jr. (who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan)- a copy of Salinger’s book was found at his hotel room. Not to mention other ‘coincidental’ incidents. Well, seeing as 95% of people seem to have read Catcher in the Rye, you might think it’s a big leap of imagination to see any meaning in speculative connections; but when it’s put in context with such things as Nazi mind control, project MK Ultra and sleeper assassins, the threads begin to tie up a bit more.

This book doesn’t just explore ideas like trigger codes for mind controlled assassins being contained within the pages of Catcher, it also looks at broader aspects of mind control use. For anyone new to either the Catcher in the Rye enigmas or to things like Project Paperclip and secret CIA experiments, this is a great book to start off with.

Despite the inclusion of broader aspects being much needed, I couldn’t help but feel like there should have been a lot more about the actual Catcher book and J. D. Salinger- don’t get me wrong; there’s some great info about both here- but I just wanted more. I guess I was just hoping for some actual code breaking! –although the authors of this book do manage to quote many passages from The Catcher in the Rye which most certainly gets one thinking in ‘code meaning’, such as:

“This is a people shooting hat,” I said. “I shoot people in this hat.”

“It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do
practically anything you want them to.” ( )
  HarryWhitewolf | Jul 15, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,666,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible