Bonhoeffer Student Edition: Pastor, Martyr,…

Bonhoeffer Student Edition: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy

by Eric Metaxas

141683,257 (4)None

Bonhoeffer Student Edition is an excellent resource for parents to read with their children. It is an easily understandable book that will introduce your child to a man who understood sacrifice and service to God.

Bonhoeffer Student Edition is filled with great resources such as:

-Family trees
-Timelines
-Comparisons
-Definitions
-Historical information of the times and events surrounding and shaping Bonhoeffer's life.
-Discussion questions and exercises to provoke further thought and study.

I received a pre-release copy and so the tables, timelines, etc. we're not yet available in a clean format. I can tell though that this is a book where having a physical copy as opposed to an ebook would be advantageous. The charts, etc. would be much larger and easier to reference.

You can have your child read it on their own but the experience will be so much richer if you read it as a family. Delve into the life of a sinner saved by grace who sought to serve his God in a perilous time.

I received a review copy in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. My thanks to the author and publisher.

For all of my reviews visit my blog at https://blessedandbewildered.wordpress.com ( )
  ZoeSchoppa | Jan 5, 2016 |

What would you do if your faith could cost you your life?

The fascinating story of one of Christianity’s most courageous heroes, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, is now abridged and adapted for students. This compelling account of Bonhoeffer’s remarkable testimony—combined with historical, theological, and political elements and enhanced with photos—brings the story to life. How did Bonhoeffer become someone who would defend God’s truth, even when it was a matter of life and death? How did he endure the hardships that came with his faithfulness? How might we respond similarly to injustices today?

New York Times bestselling author Eric Metaxas vividly portrays the struggles and faith of Bonhoeffer, a man who had the courage to follow his convictions into Nazi Germany and stand up for the truth of God.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 20 Jul 2015 03:42:49 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,616,384 books! | Top bar: Always visible