Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
1,881693,660 (3.72)1 / 63
Recently added byBookHavenAZ, AshtonWatts, Wasabiishot, private library, Aneris, amadriade, littlebitofjess
    Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank (OmaRoses)
    OmaRoses: Hot & Steamy with the same soul/race saving mate/obsessive type of relationship with sexy male characters
    Dark Desire by Christine Feehan (evansriza)
    Dragon Heat [Book 1] by Ella J Phoenix (BJ3568)
    BJ3568: This is a similar paranormal romance.
    If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: I don't mean to suggest either of these books are good (they are not) but if you do like Viehl's book (series), you'll like this one of Feehan's too. Both are dark and detailed and cheesy vampire stories.
    Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Shifters and Soul Mates

English (66)  German (1)  All (1)  Italian (1)  All (69)
I don't like giving up on books, but there are often good reasons for me to do that, either the book just doesn’t work for me at the moment or the book just doesn’t work at all for me. For me was this book the later on and I read about 100 pages before I decided to throw in the towel.  This book just didn’t work for me mainly because the main character Mikhail just made me mad. I can’t stand a character that is so annoying to read about, from his Raven in his woman nobody shall touch her attitude to his let’s make Raven do as I will by hypnotizing her so that I can have sex with her even if she is not completely willing. I like bad boys, but I don’t like asholes and sorry Mikhail is an ashole!

So if you still feel that this book is for you go ahead and read it. Maybe I’m just picky when it comes to men in books.

Thank you Piatkus for providing me with a free copy for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Apr 14, 2017 |
couldn't get into ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 5, 2016 |
couldn't get into ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 2, 2016 |
I liked this book a lot, although it took me a bit of time to get past the overly dominate male protagonist.

I've never really liked that particular trope in romance novels. It can come across very problematic if done wrong, but I think that the author Christine Feehan managed it pretty well here. there were a few places that made me cringe a bit, but overall I liked it! ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
So it hurts to say how disappointed I was with this book. I have had it on my kindle for over a year because a friend advised that it was like BDB and Dark Hunters. I started this and read the first five pages a year ago but, since it was part of a challenge for my group I read the entire book hoping somewhere along the line I would become interested in the book. I am sorry to say I did not and I do not think that I will be able to read the rest of this series.
The hero was an arrogant, self-thinking, and a jerk with a heart. Somewhere in this mess of a book he did want to save someone but, he did take away there memories so that they never knew all the bad things they went through.

Raven was a bit annoying and I thought she really was one of those women who do not have the strength or ability to say no to anyone. I can understand loving someone but I would have smacked that fool a few times if he tried to control me the way that he controlled her.

Whoever the person who told me that these books were as good as others I give up listening. This book was boring and annoying. It took everything in me to keep turning the pages and I will not read another book in this series. Other than that, all of the other characters were a bit boring and forgettable. I think there were other serious flaws with the writing. (i.e. dialogue did not flow, quick jumps within the same page and paragraph).
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
enjoy different things and some of our travel have to reflect the fact that.

He could no longer fool himself.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0843955287, Mass Market Paperback)

Carpathians are an immortal race of beings with animal instincts. Every Carpathian male is drawn to his life mate: a Carpathian or human female able to provide the light to his darkness. Without her, the beast within slowly consumes the man until turning vampire is the only option.'Raven Whitney is a psychic who has used her gift to help the police track down a serial killer. Now she is determined to escape the glare of recent publicity for the peace and quiet of the Carpathian Mountains. Prince Mikhail Dubrinsky is the leader of his people but, as his ancient Carpathian race grows ever closer to extinction, he is close to giving in to the heavy weight of loneliness and despair. From the moment their minds touch, Raven and Mikhail form a connection. But there are those who incorrectly view all Carpathians as vampires, and are determined to give their extinction a helping hand.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:45 -0400)

"He came to her in the night, a predator -- strength and power chiseled his features. The seduction was deep and elemental; he affected her soul. His need. His darkness. His terrible haunting loneliness. Her senses aroused, she craved the dangerous force of his body. Burned for him. And he had only touched her with his mind. She came to him at dawn, his bleakest hour. As the beast raged inside him, threatening to consume him, he vented his centuries-old despair in an anguished cry that filled the waning night. And she answered, a ray of light, piercing his darkness. A beautiful angel. Her compassion, courage, and innocence awakened in him an exquisite longing and tenderness. He knew he must possess her, for only she could tame his savage side and lift the dark shadow from his soul. Apart they were desolate, bereft. Intertwined physically and spiritually, they could heal one another and experience an eternity of nights filled with love."--Author's website.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,418,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible