The V-Word: True Stories about First-Time…

The V-Word: True Stories about First-Time Sex

by Amber J. Keyser

251428,870 (4)None

Disclosure: I received a copy from the author/publisher, in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any shape or form.

What I loved most about The V-Word was the different perspectives of sex. You had the special first times, you had the decent first times, you had the crappy first times and the included both straight and queer sex. It gave the reader a chance to find a story that they could relate to. One where they could really understand and connect with the person who was writing the essay.

Many parents may think this book is preaching to teenagers to go out and have sex but it is not. There is absolutely no preaching to have sex, it is simply sharing stories of first times and sources where to find more information about sex if they chose to have it.

I could relate to some of the stories and I think that’s one of the things I loved the most about the book. I could have easily shared part of my story in the middle of the essays because some of them carried a part of me in them.

Is this a book I would recommend? Yes. Where was this book when I was younger? I especially recommend it if you are thinking about having sex and can’t find someone older to trust with your questions or concerns.

Please don’t forget your voice is the most important V-word of all. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

An honest and poignant collection of essays by women about losing their virginity in their teens. The V-Word captures the complexity of this important life-decision and reflects diverse real-world experiences. Includes helpful resources for parents and teens.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible