The Kiverson Case (Heartfelt Cases, #2) by…

The Kiverson Case (Heartfelt Cases, #2)

by Julie C. Gilbert

322,001,085 (4.5)None
Recently added byDTChantel, NadineC.Keels

The second entry in Julie C. Gilbert's wonderful Heartfelt Cases series, is just as suspenseful and thrilling as the first. As this married Christian FBI couple, now with a child, race to defuse a threat to themselves and their friends and family, we are also treated to snippets of their homelife and dedication to God. I can't recommend this series highly enough. A quick, enjoyable read that will get your blood pumping and your soul searching. ( )
  DTChantel | Jun 12, 2017 |
"It's only a matter of time."
"I don't doubt that, Patrick. I just wonder how long it will take, and how many will die before this is over."

Kevin Kiverson is just one dangerous malefactor in a family notorious for crime. He's out for revenge when he goes after Julie Ann and Patrick Duncan of the FBI. The married pair of special agents are reluctantly drawn into Kiverson's game, but the stakes heighten when the Duncans' baby becomes a target in The Kiverson Case by author Julie C. Gilbert.

I'll maintain that reading the books in the Heartfelt Cases series is good when I'm in an evening-crime-drama-like mood. The books are more like television episodes than movies, length wise, so they're perfect when I'm looking for suspense but am short on time.

Although this second book in the series can likely stand alone, I might have felt a little at sea at the beginning if I hadn't read the first book. There's some head-hopping in the story, and I had a bit of trouble keeping track of who exactly was doing or saying what, a couple times. The villain might've needed another side to make him a more believable character, and I found the story's climax to be a fairly tame one.

Still, I like how the series makes a place for faith without trying to wrap everything up in a perfect bow, and I'll certainly be going on to read Book Three. ( )
  NadineC.Keels | Mar 6, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,419,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible