A Book for Her by Bridget Christie

A Book for Her

by Bridget Christie

A Book for Her is genuinely laugh out loud funny, but also very thought provoking. I like Bridget Christie's thought processes. In the book, I like the interplay between silly and serious, from the silly idea of women like Christine Lagarde and Angela Merkel interrupting the serious womanly business of twirling for physical approval with fluff like heading up the IMF or being German Chancellor, to the serious point that feminism is about equality in all things and the right not to be defined by your gender or for your gender to be used as a reason for not being allowed to do something. It's a book that I think everyone should read because it's straightforward about how ridiculous sexism, misogyny and anti-feminist attitudes are if you think about what's being said, and it's an incredibly funny book that doesn't make you feel preached at. I like thought provoking socio-political discourse, but I like being made to laugh at how ridiculous the world is more. ( )
  missizicks | Mar 26, 2016 |
For all the women in my family and ALL WOMEN.
Whether they want it or not.
I didn't want to talk about farts in this book. If anything, I tried to avoid them altogether.

"Bridget Christie is a stand-up comedian, idiot and feminist. On the 30th of April 2012, a man farted in the Women's Studies Section of a bookshop and it changed her life forever.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible