Paleo from A to Z: A reference guide to…

Paleo from A to Z: A reference guide to better health through nutrition…

by Darryl Edwards

332,001,085 (5)None
Recently added bycrandomblog.com, Neirnga, TedDavis

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have never been the type of person to care about what I ate, how often I ate, if I ate enough, if I ate too litter, none of it really mattered to me. I ate when I ate, if I had time to eat and I kept rolling. Due to that I got to the point that I was only eating once a day. It really took a toll on my physically because after a few years of eating once a day I had gained weight, and a good bit. It is a lot harder to gain weight than it is to loose it, in case you did not already know that. Last July me and my husband were celebrating my birthday and talking and we decided that we had gone through so much, our ups and our downs, the good times and the bad times and that we were finally in the right place to have a kid. Everything was perfect. So we started trying… then everything went down hill. No lie, by the end of July were were vehicle-less, our fiancees that had been perfect two weeks prior were shot due to the fact that our truck broke down and we went to a local dealer and bought another one. The owner was a preacher and well… he screwed us over big time. I am not going to get into that too much, only to say that two weeks after everything went to hell…. I found I was pregnant and everything changed.

We were both over the moon with happiness, we didn’t tell anyone else but my oldest sister (she had just gone through a really rough miscarriage and I was terrified she was going to hate me, this happened around the came time the preacher screwed us on the truck that broke down literally every other week). I remember being so scared that something would take her from me and I started eating right. The point to this story is I upped my meals from once a day to three times a day with small snacks between meals, at least when the baby would allow it. I was constantly getting on the web to see which foods were right for what. Which foods could give energy and look up aliments that I shouldn’t have been looking up. I mean, no one knows better than Dr. Google, right!?

Paleo from A to Z is something I wish I would have stumbled upon sooner! It is filled with different foods, different diseases, vitamins and loads of information. The same types of information I was often climbing out of bed to go look up. For example, did you know that mint is rick in Vitamin C and also contains magnesium, iron, potassium and calcium In my nine months of pregnancy, the main issue I had was low potassium levels and no once during my appointments and self-lead research was mint brought up. Also high in potassium is sweet potatoes, pumpkin and a few other things yummy things listed in the book.

The amount of information in this book is astounding and I recommend it to EVERYONE! It answered a few questions I had about my sisters thyroid issues and more than a few about my own personal nutrition questions. Since obtaining this book, I have managed to make my eating habits even more healthier and I am working on getting my lifestyle a lot better. Paleo is the belief that we (humans) should start eating better foods that aren’t processed. It is normally referred to as the Paleo diet, which really makes no sense to me. It isn’t really a diet, it is not something that should be temporary. I know that I am just beginning my journey to Paleo, but I hope that I can make it there and stay. Since dipping my toes into the Paleo from A to Z, I have managed to get my depression, anxiety and stress under control. As a result of that, I have also developed of healthier sleeping habits.

I know that it is hard to make changes, but it never hurts to try and this is a book I recommend if you want to be healthier. This book is an amazing reference guide and I have been keeping it in my diaper bag for quick reference (especially while shopping for food).

http://www.crandomblog.com/?p=629 ( )
  crandomblog.com | Nov 18, 2015 |
An interesting and well written guide on the paleo lifestyle. Easy to use guide with a list of foods to avoid, some solid science, practical tips and useful trivia. A must buy! ( )
  Neirnga | Jul 20, 2015 |
I recommend this to ANYONE! 10/10. Diet, nutrition, supplements, sleep, sun and stress. How to live life in the 21st century based on an ancestral template. There is something for everyone here! ( )
1 vote TedDavis | Jul 18, 2015 |

A Paleo Lifestyle EncyclopaediaHaving Trouble Finding Answers to Your Paleo Questions?Do You Want to Lose Weight And Regain Health?Do You Want to Prevent And Reverse Disease?Could You or Someone You Know Benefit from a Healthier Lifestyle?Do You Want to Feel Better Than Ever, But Not Sure Where to Start?If you've answered YES to any of the above questions, then this book is for you.Paleo from A to Z makes it easy for you find out about the Paleo lifestyle.

The book consists of over 500 topics using jargon-free language and aims to dispel the misinformation that surrounds health and nutrition. The listings are set out in an easy-to-use A-Z format using a simple cross-referencing system linked to related topics. In this book you will learn:
The foods to eat and avoid that allow you to enjoy better health.How to decipher acronyms such as HIIT, VLDL, RCT, BPA and AIP.Simple tips to improve sleep, reduce stress and regain vitality.How to better understand concepts such as blood tests, the role of inflammation and disease, hormones, and epigenetics.How to make sense of the other choices that contribute to wellbeing - such as the toxic chemicals you should avoid in your food, on your skin and in your home.
This is the perfect book for anyone thinking about trying a Paleo diet, for new Paleo users who need some extra information, or for those experienced with the Paleo lifestyle who just want a quick reference guide and some fine tuning.

Each entry not only answers a question but also keeps you motivated to stay on your journey to better health with practical tips, tricks and trivia. An appendix of research citations and resources are included too.

The sooner you get your copy, the sooner you can be on your way to better health.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:35:23 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,231,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible